Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
St. John Fisher College is again participating in the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE). The survey launched on Thursday, Feb. 22, and will remain open until Wednesday, April 11. Freshmen and seniors are encouraged to participate, and members of both classes received the survey via email.
NSSE “assesses the extent to which students engage in educational practices associated with high levels of learning and development.” The survey will collect information from participating students in seven categories:
- Participation in educationally purposeful activities
- Institutional requirements and the challenging nature of coursework
- Perceptions of the college environment
- Estimates of educational and personal growth since starting college
- Background and demographic information
- Civic engagement
- Inclusiveness and engagement with cultural diversity
“We will use the data collected from the survey to examine the learning experiences of our undergraduate students and identify ways in which these experiences can be improved both inside and outside the classroom,” said Kristin Anderson, coordinator of institutional assessment and planning.
Any student who takes the survey will be entered into a drawing to win one of eight $100 Visa or American Express gift cards. The results of the survey will be shared with the campus in fall 2018.