Ceremony Celebrates Nursing Graduates
Each year, the Wegmans School of Nursing holds a recognition and hooding ceremony to honor graduates of its programs.
From undergraduate seniors to doctoral candidates, the event, which was held on Thursday, May 10, is the chance for the School to award students for success in and out of the classroom and thank faculty, staff, and community partners for their role in the education of program participants.
In addition to celebrating student success, the event incorporates several long-held traditions, including a bag pipe led procession and a candle lighting ceremony. Students light a candle and recite the Nightingale Pledge, a modified version of the Hippocratic Oath named in honor of Florence Nightingale.
Undergraduate nursing awards:
- Highest Undergraduate GPA: Jessica Smith, Jessica Zakis
- Clara H. Wagner Nursing Award: Carly Dodge, Katherine Jaworowicz, Rachel Petrie, Sydney Reber
- Highest RN/BSN GPA: Margaret Ambridge, Amanda Wagner
- RN/BSN Professional Practice Award: Kendra Lilly, Mary VerHulst
- Leadership Award: Mary Broderick, Elizabeth Hall, Nicole Kennelly
- ANA Future Nurse Leader Award: Shelby Brost
- Glover-Crask Simulation Center Experiential Learning Award: Taylor Klossner, Stephanie Mowers
- Nursing Honors and College Honors Students: Amanda Szczesniak, Ethan Hite, Ryan Tuttle
- Caring Award: Joyce Guiles, Tess Pruitt
- Mentorship Award: Kathleen Jarvis, Bethany Dreyer
- Spirit Award: Christina Day, Megan Schermerhorn
- Outstanding Adult Student Award: Adam Wilson (RN/BS), Keran Zmora
- Academic All Star Award, Scholar Athlete Award, Phil Kahler Award: Anna Marcy
Advanced practice nursing master’s program awards:
- Scholarly Achievement Award, FNP: Marina Lerman, Carissa Williams
- Academic Excellence Award, FNP: Jessica Luciano
- Outstanding FNP: Christine Feindt, Anne Goodman, James Hansel
- Academic Excellence Award, AGNP: Caitlin McCann
- Scholarly Achievement Award, CNS: Mackenzie White
- Academic Excellence Award, CNS: Scottia Jones
- Outstanding CNS Award: Karsen Lattimore, Susan St. James
Mental health counseling master’s program awards:
- Kastberg Scholarly Achievement Award: Katherine Purtell
- Bufano Counselor Excellence Award: Stephanie Cawley
Doctor of nursing practice awards:
- Academic Excellence Award: MariaLaina Chennell, Zhijie Qiu
- Clinical Practice Scholarship Award: Stephanie Dodd, Zhijie Qiu
Dr. Vivian Cunningham was given the Daisy Foundation Faculty Award in honor of her exceptional impact on her students and her inspirational influence on their futures. Matthew Allan, MS, RN, CNS, PPCNP-BC, clinical nurse specialist, was given the Clinical Instructor Award, in recognition of his mentorship of senior-level nursing students and vested interest in nurturing students to achieve success.
Art Mason and Patricia Witzel, of Strong Memorial Hospital, were given the Community Partnership Award.
View photos from the ceremony on Fisher’s Facebook page.