RN to BSN Online
Nurses understand the importance of acting quickly, efficiently, and effectively. That same mindset forms the basis for Fisher’s RN to BSN online program.
The College's accredited RN to BSN online program offers flexible scheduling in an accelerated format, which gives you the opportunity to complete your BSN in a way that accommodates your busy schedule. The program builds on the study of nursing in associate degree and nursing diploma programs.
The online format means you are the beneficiary of on-demand, 24/7 access to online tutoring support services throughout the 12-18 months it takes to complete the program. Fisher also offers an RN to BSN to M.S. Fast-Track option, where you substitute graduate nursing courses within the undergraduate curriculum.
You must have a RN license and be currently registered to practice prior to enrolling in a course requiring clinical learning activities.
Graduate Breakfast Information Session
Take a Closer Look
Come learn about the graduate programs at Fisher over breakfast! Faculty and staff will be available to discuss program requirements and the application process.
Wednesday, June 27, 2018 at 8 a.m.
Golisano Gateway Midlevel
The RN to BSN online curriculum is broken into two seven-week modules each semester, including nursing and liberal arts courses. You may choose part-time or full-time study. All coursework is taken online, with the exception of some experiential learning experiences. Traditional clinical learning is embedded within three specific courses, and is project-based.
As an RN to BSN online candidate, you will complete 56-60 credits in nursing. Of these, 30 credits must be taken at Fisher; an additional minimum of 26 credits for nursing coursework transferred from an associate degree or hospital-based diploma nursing program also is required.
A total of 60-64 additional credits, at least 60 of which must be in liberal arts, are required. Included in this number are College Core classes, general electives, and specific introductory statistics and ethics/bioethics courses.
Life After Fisher
As a graduate of the RN to BSN online program, you will be prepared to:
- Integrate the liberal arts and sciences and nursing courses to promote holistic outcomes for patients
- Support interprofessional communication and collaboration for improving client health outcomes
- Integrate critical thinking and decision-making throughout the nursing process to improve the care of patients
- Apply basic organizational and systems leadership for quality care and patient safety in the provision and management of health care
- Engage in ongoing, self-directed learning, self-evaluation, and goal setting throughout their nursing career
- Engage in the scholarship of evidence-based practice and research to support high quality health outcomes and safe nursing care
- Promote clinical prevention and population health based on an understanding of global health care issues
- Use information management systems and apply patient care technologies for clinical decision-making