Data Science Program Requirements
The data science minor consists of six courses: four foundation courses and two elective courses chosen from a list of disciplinary options.
Minor in Data Science
A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the data science minor.
Foundation Courses - 12 credits
- STAT 160 - P4 Introduction to Data Science
- Choose ONE:
- CSCI 260 - Introduction to Databases
- CSCI 353 - Database Structures
- STAT 345 - Exploratory Data Analysis
- STAT 375 - Data Analysis and Statistical Computing
Electives - 6 credits
Choose TWO electives from the courses below.
- COMM 349 - Media Management & Economics
- COMM 363 - Media Research & Analytics
- COMM 448 - Advanced Research in Media Mgmt
- CSCI 385 - Data Mining
- DIGC 240 - P4 Networked World
- DIGC 245 - SQ Visualizing Data
- MATH 130 - Mathematical Modeling & Quantitative Analysis
- MGMT 345 - Applied Management Research
- PSYC 204 - Advanced Statistics
- SOCI 280 - Social Research Methods
- STAT 270 - Meta-analysis
- STAT 390 - Special Topics in Statistics
- SPST 320 - Sport Marketing & Promotions
- SPST 330 - Economics of Sport
Note: All elective selections must be approved by the director of the statistics program. Elective choices must not violate existing overlap stipulations with major degree requirements.
Total: 18 credits
Note: The information here is provided for informational purposes only. For exact requirements as well as course descriptions, visit the Undergraduate Catalog.