Catholic Heritage Program Requirements
The 18-credit-hour minor consists of two foundational courses, a capstone seminar project, and a selection of electives chosen from the areas of philosophy, English, history, and sociology.
Catholic Heritage Minor
Courses are selected in consultation with a mentor from the department of religious studies. A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the minor.
Foundational Courses - 6 credits
- REST 102C - P2 Introduction to Roman Catholicism
- REST 262C - P5 New Testament
Electives - 9 credits
Choose THREE courses from at least two of the following departments.
- PHIL 221C - P2 Metaphysics
- PHIL 222P - P2 Philosophy of Religion
- PHIL 312C - P2 Medieval Philosophy
- PHIL 350C - P2 Renaissance Seminar
- ENGL 170 - LC Fantasy and/in History
(Only offered as part of a Learning Community)
- ENGL 293 - P1 Early English Literature
- HIST/REST 250C - P2 History of the Papacy
- HIST 333 - European Catholic Historical Thought
- SOCI 490 - Internship
(in Catholic facilities e.g., Catholic charities, Catholic schools, Catholic family center, Catholic media, etc.)
Capstone Seminar Project - 3 credits
- REST 496 - Independent Study
Total: 18 credits
Note: The information here is provided for informational purposes only. For exact requirements as well as course descriptions, visit the Undergraduate Catalog.