Library Materials Purchase Request
Lavery librarians take the responsibility for collection development seriously and rely on faculty input in the process to select materials for the Library.
Lavery librarians take the responsibility for collection development seriously and rely on faculty and student input when purchasing for the library.
The Technical Services Department exists to deliver services and information in the most effective and efficient way possible. Materials matching our collection development policy are selected chiefly to support the students' curriculum. We also purchase items which enhance a balanced library collection for all users.
Lavery Library purchases books, audiovisual materials, and other items needed for faculty classroom use and student assignments. We appreciate the time, effort, and specialized knowledge that faculty apply to this task. We also value purchase suggestions from students. With your recommendations, our selections will support students' learning.
How Do I Order My Library Materials?
It takes at least a week for items to be purchased and entered into the catalog. Please consider this when ordering.
- Make a suggestion via intercampus mail, email, phone, or in person. When materials arrive, you can be notified directly if you wish.
- Contact: Kate Ross, Lavery Library
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Requests are acted upon quickly, and this email address is monitored by department staff so someone always has you covered.
- Phone: (585) 385-8136
- Submit an Interlibrary Loan Request:
All interlibrary loan book and media requests are first reviewed to determine whether the item should be purchased for the Library’s collection. If we do decide to make a purchase, you will be notified when it’s available. If we do not decide to make a purchase, we will continue with the request to borrow the item from another library.
- Requests for in-class use or course reserve:
- If you need items immediately, let us know that the request is rush and/or reserve.
- Note the date the item is needed. Ordering through our normal suppliers, in-stock items may be received and processed quickly, but back-orders and orders made directly to publishers/producers may take several weeks to arrive.
- Orders containing multiple items:
- When the materials you have requested are fully processed you can be notified directly.
- For orders that contain a large number of items, please let us know whether you would prefer to be notified about each item as it becomes available, or all at once.
- Journal or magazine subscriptions:
- Requests for new periodical subscriptions should be routed to Ben Hockenberry, Systems and Serials Librarian, at email@example.com. Ben is also the contact for new database suggestions.