About the Information Literacy Award
The following are the criteria exemplified by a worthy candidate for the Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award:
- Assignments/Courses: Creates or revises assignments with a consciousness of library resources.
- Collaboration: Seeks out opportunities to partner and collaborate with librarians; promotes a connection between librarian and students.
- Curriculum Mapping: Incorporates progressions of information literacy skills throughout the curriculum of his or her discipline.
- Professional Development: Participates or consults on events/workshops/training sessions/working groups that include information literacy.
- Scholarship: Submits/publishes articles or presentations that include information literacy.
Nominations for the 9th Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award are currently being accepted. This award is given to a St. John Fisher faculty member who actively supports information literacy. Any member the St. John Fisher faculty is eligible, with the exception of the Library Committee members. This award is named for Dr. Mark Szarejko, 1980 alumnus, in recognition of his support for the library.
The nominator should use the Information Literacy Award Nomination Form and provide a letter detailing how the nominee exhibits a commitment to information literacy. Nominations from Fisher faculty, administration and staff, as well as self-nominations, are welcome. Nominations should be sent to Nancy Greco, Instruction Librarian.
The award recipient will be chosen by the members of the Library Committee. The Library Committee is a faculty assembly committee of eleven members; eight faculty members, one graduate student, one undergraduate student, and the Library director.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, February 8, 2019
- Award recipient's name noted in a book, purchased on their behalf for inclusion in the library collection.
- An individual plaque of recognition.
- A dining certificate for a Rochester restaurant.
- Award recipient's name engraved on the Dr. Mark Szarejko Faculty Information Literacy Award plaque in the library.
For more information contact Nancy Greco, firstname.lastname@example.org at (585) 385-8139.
To learn more about information literacy, please visit the Association of College and Research Libraries webpage.