M.S. in Nursing Application Process
The M.S. in nursing program operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are processed by the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions and reviewed on a continuing basis by the Wegmans School of Nursing Graduate Admission Committee.
Applicants will receive an official letter of admission from the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions. For more information regarding the application process, contact the Office at (585) 385-8064.
Semester Entry Options
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner: Fall and spring entry
- Adult/Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist: Fall and spring entry
- Adult/Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner: Fall and spring entry
- Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner: Fall and spring entry
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: Fall entry only
Program-Specific Application Requirements
Requirements for the master's nursing program application include:
- Completed online application.
- Application fee.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university.
- Must have a minimum of one year current clinical experience.
- Current unencumbered New York State license as a registered professional nurse.
- Admission consideration for applicants with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher, with preference to applicants with a CGPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Grades of B or higher required in the following undergraduate courses; health assessment, research, and statistics.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable).
- Two recommendation forms, electronically submitted online through the application process, by individuals who currently work with applicant who are qualified at the master’s or higher level in nursing (APRN’s preferred (NP or CNS); reference must note their highest degree with their signature.
- Current résumé.
- Personal goals statement to include an introduction to applicant’s clinical and professional background that supports intent program of study and have prepared applicant to be successful in graduate studies. Articulate purpose and objectives for obtaining an advanced degree in intended specialty, including professional goals
- Adult/Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) applicants must hold current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification and have one year of current acute care clinical experience.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) program applicants are encouraged to have clinical experience in this specialty.
- Post-master's certificate students must present official transcript showing completion of a master's degree in nursing from a nationally accredited program.
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English).
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable).