M.S. in Literacy Education Application Process
The literacy education program operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received and admissions decisions are made within four weeks of receipt of a completed application.
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
General Application Requirements
- Completed online application
- Application fee
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation which can be submitted online. Please refer to the online application for instructions.
- Current résumé and personal goals statement
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)
- A copy of New York state teaching certification OR proof of pending certification is required for students just completing their undergraduate studies.
- To comply with New York state regulations, all applicants to graduate-level teacher professional certification programs must provide St. John Fisher College with scores from either of the following:
- Applicants must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for baccalaureate degrees from approved postsecondary institutions.
*Test scores are valid on these exams for five years. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 385-8064 to inquire about minimum scores required on these exams.