M.S. in Childhood/Special Education Application Process
The master's program in childhood and special education operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Semester Entry Options
- Fall entry only
General Application Requirements
- Completed online application
Note: Please submit the online application before any other supplemental documents (transcripts, resumes, references, etc.) are submitted. This will ensure your documents are submitted with your application.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)*
- Two recommendation forms which can be submitted online (refer to the online application for instructions)
- Current résumé
- Professional/career goals statement
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)
*Note: When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always follow the electronic PDF delivery method directly to St. John Fisher College. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
Program-Specific Application Requirements
- Initial certification applicants must submit scores from one of the following exam options: GRE (Graduate Record Examination) or SAT test or ACT test.
- Applicants must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 for baccalaureate degrees from approved postsecondary institutions.
Please contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (585) 385-8064 to inquire about minimum scores required on these exams.