MBA Program Requirements
The MBA program includes 18 foundation course credits (some or all of which may be waived), 18 credits of core coursework, and 12 credits in one of four concentration areas.
Master of Business Administration
Depending on their prior academic work, students can complete the degree requirements within 30 to 48 credit hours of graduate-level courses. Students typically progress through the foundation, the core, and the concentrations, as explained below. Applicants who wish to be considered for exemptions from foundation-level courses will be individually reviewed as part of the application process.
The number of credits for each course is designated in parentheses after the course title.
Foundation Courses - 18 credits (may be waived)
Applicants who wish to be considered for exemptions from foundation-level courses will be individually reviewed as part of the application process. Learn more about program requirement waivers.
- GMGT 573 - Financial Accounting Fundamentals (3)
- GMGT 576 - Statistics for Managers (3)
- GMGT 579 - Organization Structure and Process (3)
- GMGT 580 - Economic Foundations and Practice (3)
- GMGT 585 - Managerial Finance (3)
- GMGT 590 - Operations Management (3)
Core Courses - 18 credits
- GMGT 641 - Project Management (3)
- GMGT 680 - Marketing Concepts and Strategy (3)
- GMGT 681 - Business Strategy and Policy (3)
- GMGT 682 - Integrated Advanced Financial and Accounting Analysis (3)
- GMGT 685 - Leadership Development (3)
- GMGT 699 - MBA Assessment (0 credits)
- Choose ONE based on your concentration:
- GMGT 694 - Capstone Project Experience (open to all concentrations except accounting) (3)
- GMGT 695 - Accounting Theory & Research (accounting concentration only) (3)
Concentration Courses - 12 credits
Concentration courses (chosen from below) to equal 12 credits.
- GMGT 647 - Advanced Topics in Federal Taxation (3)
- GMGT 648 - Accounting and Business Analytics (3)
- GMGT 649 - Commercial Law and Professional Responsibilities (3)
- Choose ONE:
- GMGT 638 - Managerial Economics (3)
- GMGT 640 - Sustainable Reporting (3)
- GMGT 642 - European Business Perspectives (3)
General Management Concentration
- GMGT 6XX - GMGT Electives (3)*
*Note: There are special topics (671/672) and other elective courses offered each semester on a rotating basis from which you can select coursework to comprise the required 12 credit hours. New courses are added and others dropped as the business worlds changes. Consult with your advisor as needed for course selection. Any combination of special topics and elective courses will satisfy the 12 credit general management concentration requirement.
Health Systems Management Concentration
- GNUR 711 - Advanced Healthcare Delivery Systems (3)
- GNUR 723 - Health Policy Implementation for Organizational Development (3)
- GNUR 725 - Improving the Health of Populations (3)
- GNUR 740 - Advanced Technology in Support of Clinical Management (3)
Pharmaceutical Industry Concentration
- PHAR 3218 - Introduction to Diversity (1)
- PHAR 3123 - Clinical Application of Epidemiology I (2)
- PHAR 3135 - Healthcare Delivery (3)
- PHAR 3226 - State Pharmacy Law (2)
- PHAR 4123 - Clinical Application of Epidemiology II (2)
- PHAR 4135 - Communications and Counseling Skills (3)
- PHAR 4236 - Population-Based Healthcare (2)
- PHAR 5125 - Ethics in Pharmacy Practice (2)
- PHAR 5225 - Federal Pharmacy Law (2)
- PHAR 5236 - Managing Practice and Personnel (3)
Note: (PHAR 4135 or 3226/5225) and (PHAR 4236 or 5236) are required. Pharmacy classes are offered during the day.
Total: 48 credits
Note: The information here is provided for informational purposes only. For exact requirements as well as course descriptions, visit the Graduate Catalog.