MBA Application Process
Fisher's MBA program operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received.
Contact the Office of Transfer and Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Semester Entry Options
- MBA: Fall, spring, and summer entry
General Application Requirements
- Completed online application
Note: Please submit the online application before any other supplemental documents (transcripts, resumes, references, etc.) are submitted. This will ensure your documents are submitted with your application.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)*
- Two recommendation forms which can be submitted online (refer to the online application for instructions)
- Current résumé
- Professional/career goals statement
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)
*Note: When requesting transcripts from your previous schools, always follow the electronic PDF delivery method directly to St. John Fisher College. We are in-network participants in most electronic transcript delivery exchange portals and this allows us to receive transcripts automatically without the need to submit them through a third party (as in the use of an email) or through the mail itself. This will save you money and time.
Specific MBA Application Requirements
The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required. This exam can be waived if the applicant has:
- An undergraduate business or business related degree with an overall grade point average of 3.3 or higher
- An advanced degree
MBA Program Requirement Waivers
Upon meeting all admission requirements, students may be eligible for waiver(s) from foundation courses based on prior academic preparation at a regionally accredited institution.
- Waivers require a minimum grade of "B" or higher in equivalent coursework.
- In the case of GMGT 573 and GMGT 580 a "B" average is required for the two required classes.
- Courses must have been taken within the last 10 years from the semester the student will enroll.
- Advanced Placement (AP) credit is accepted with scores of 4 or 5 on the exams.
- Applicants may be asked to provide additional supporting documentation to help with specific course evaluation.
|Graduate Course||General Waiver Equivalents||Fisher Equivalents|
|GMGT 573 - Financial Accounting Fundamentals||Principals, Fundamental or Managerial Accounting I and II||ACCT 101 and ACCT 102|
|GMGT 576 - Statistics for Managers||Statistics||ECON 221|
|GMGT 579 - Organization Structure and Process||Organizational Behavior||MGMT 211|
|GMGT 580 - Economic Foundations and Practice||Microeconomics and Macroeconomics||ECON 105 and ECON 106|
|GMGT 585 - Managerial Finance||Corporate or Managerial Finance||FIN 315|
|GMGT 590 - Operations Management||Operations or Production Management||MGMT 409|