Advanced Certificate in Special Education Leadership Application Process
The Advanced Certificate in Special Education Leadership program operates on a rolling admissions basis. Applications are reviewed as they are received and admissions decisions are made within four weeks of receipt of a completed application.
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions if you have questions about the application process.
Semester Entry Options
- Advanced Certificate: Fall, spring, or summer entry
You must have completed an undergraduate education degree leading to teacher certification or in a related services field (such as school counseling, speech and language, or physical therapy), or be a current student in a master's degree program in education, including master's programs leading to initial teacher certification or related services field.
General Application Requirements
- Completed online application
- Application fee
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation (which may be submitted online; refer to the online application for instructions)
- Current résumé detailing all relevant past and present professional employment, experience, memberships, and related service
- Cover letter describing your relevant experience as well as the reason and motivation for applying
- Copy of New York state teaching certification