Alumni Wine Tasting
A wine tasting with friends from your own couch.
Date: September 26, 2020 - September 26, 2020
Time: 5-6:30 p.m.
Office of Alumni Engagement
Purchase all wines, or even just a few from the list below to enjoy as Sommelier Donna Schlosser-Long reviews the wine, its origin, and shares nteresting notes (see Donna's bio below).
If you are registered for Alumni Wine Tasting, you should receive an email with information on how to join in on Saturday at 5 p.m. For help, email or call (585) 385-5292.
1. Cambria Katherine's Vineyard Chardonnay
2. Matanzas Creek Sauvignon Blanc
3. Siduri Pinot Noir
4. Cabernet Sauvignon Freemark Abbey is a $40 bottle or they can choose Arrowood Cab which is around $24. She will showcase both so people can buy one or both.
You can wear your sweatpants, but be sure to bring:
- An open mind to try new wines.
- Fisher gear - if you're wearing or displaying Fisher gear, you'll be entered to win prizes (do you like wine baskets?)! Take a selfie, post it, tag us, or email email@example.com.
- Paper and pen to take notes.
Donna Schlosser-Long's career in the wine industry started in 2002 as director of outside sales for Casa Larga Vineyards, a local Finger Lakes Winery. Most recently she joined Southern Glazers Wine and Spirits as a portfolio manager in the Liberty Division. Donna focuses on the Jackson Family of wines from around the world. She has experience with both importing and distribution of wines, representing many of the leading properties in France, Italy, Spain, Argentina along with many others. She is also national president of “Women For WineSense”, a national not-for-profit wine education organization. Her organization holds regular local events where members learn about wines by enjoying delicious wine and food pairings. She is the mother of two boys, William and Nathaniel, as well as co-founder of Naked Dove Brewing Company in Canandaigua, New York.