Pillar 2: Student Success
St. John Fisher College will design a robust living and learning environment and an integrated system of student support that creates transformative opportunities to develop leaders for the future.
Improve Academic Student Success
Support student success in a comprehensive manner from orientation to graduation.
- Build comprehensive degree pathways and multi-semester course schedules to promote student success.
- Integrate and enhance systems that support student achievement.
- Establish a student success center that brings together the broad array of academic support services provided to students.
- Analyze retention, graduation, and employment data to continuously improve and build on current strengths.
Maximize Co-Curricular Learning
Optimize student learning by supporting the shared goals of student success and
- Develop learning outcomes for the student affairs division and assess annually to guide programs and services.
- Enhance learning opportunities for students participating in clubs, organizations, arts, and honor societies through more intentional collaborations.
- Maximize opportunities created by a robust commitment to intercollegiate athletics.
- Develop systematic use of E-Portfolios for the documentation and enhancement of student learning outside of the classroom.
- St. John Fisher College will design a robust living and learning environment and an integrated system of student support that creates transformative opportunities to develop leaders for the future.
Develop Integrated Approaches to Support the Whole Student
Intentionally integrate efforts of enrollment management, academic, student, and alumni affairs to support the whole student.
- Create and implement the Fisher Edge, an integrated approach to team-based advising, academic achievement, and career exploration supported by a comprehensive use of technology.
- Enhance our efforts to support personal development, wellness education, and financial literacy.
- Through collaboration among Alumni Relations, Academic Affairs, and Student Affairs create meaningful connections between students and alumni.
- Streamline administrative student services that support student success and leverage technology to meet students’ transactional needs while building capacity for meaningful interactions and interventions.
Construct and Enhance Facilities to Support Student Learning
Create facilities that provide a sense of community and support student learning, retention,
- Link facility planning to institutional goals, student needs, and learning objectives.
- Apply appropriate design principles and sustainability goals to capital projects, including those in residence halls, academic spaces, athletic facilities, the library, and the campus center.
- Align facilities and space needs with the College’s comprehensive fundraising campaign goals.
- Create environments where students from different backgrounds, clubs and organizations can interact in informal ways.