Housing Priority Process
Students who entered the College as first year students in 2013 – 2014 (or before) will be part of this year’s Housing Priority Process. Transfer students who entered as sophomores in 2014 or juniors in 2015, etc., will also be part of this group. If you have a question about your personal status, please contact ResLife, Campus Center 206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information below outlines the process by which students (as described above) will be prioritized to participate in the housing selection process.
Once the number of housing applications are determined, the priority categories below will be assigned to applicants.
Priority Category 1: Students from out of state and Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk and Westchester Counties
Priority Category 2: Students from Clinton, Columbia, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Greene, Orange, Putnam, Rensselaer, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren and Washington Counties
Priority Category 3: Students from Albany, Delaware, Fulton, Hamilton, Herkimer, Montgomery, Otsego, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie and St. Lawrence Counties
Priority Category 4: Students from Broome, Chautauqua, Chenango, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison and Oneida Counties
Priority Category 5: Students from Allegany, Cattaraugus, Chemung, Cortland, Erie, Niagara, Onondaga, Oswego, Steuben and Tioga Counties
Priority Category 6: Students from Cayuga, Genesee, Livingston, Ontario, Orleans, Schuyler, Seneca, Tompkins, Wayne, Wyoming and Yates Counties
Priority Category 7: Students from Monroe County
Priority Category 8: Students who are on disciplinary probation for their academic career regardless of home address
Within each priority category applicants will further be prioritized by level.
- Students will be grouped into the following levels:
- Level A: Students with a cumulative 4.0 GPA
- Level B: Students who were on the Dean's List in Fall 2015
- Level C: Remaining Students
- Within each level, students will be separated into 2 groups:
- Group 1: students without parking permits
- Group 2: students with parking permits
- Once students are prioritized, they will be assigned a random priority number. Students will be offered the opportunity to participate in the housing selection process in order of priority number, as determined by the number of spaces available on campus.
Students who are eligible through this process will proceed in the regular housing selection process as normal.
Students who are ineligible through this process will be given first priority on the housing wait list and will have their housing deposits refunded.