Choosing a Room
Types of Rooms
|Room Type||Available Buildings||Special Notes|
The Murphy Hall standard triple is only available to women.
Murray Hall is only available to women.
Single room selection is Monday, March, 14. Single rooms are chosen in selection number order. If you preferenced a single, and do not choose a room assignment in a single during single room selection, we will sign you up on our "Singles Waiting List." You will be contacted if a single room becomes available.
NOTE: If you do not receive a single room, you must choose a double room in the interim to secure a space on campus. If you do not choose a double room, you will be considered to have withdrawn from the Housing Selection Process. If you do not choose a single, you will receive a date and time to choose a double room per the instructions below. Singles are available in Dorsey, Michaelhouse, Murphy and Founders Hall. Students in housing tier FY2 are not eligible to live in Founders.
Suite, connecting and standard triple room selection is Monday, March 21. Suites, connecting and standard triple rooms are chosen in order based on your group selection number. If you do not choose a room, or if the choice is unavailable to you during your group selection time, you will be reset to choose during double room selection. You will need to tell us at email@example.com who the pairs of roommates will be no later than 4:30 p.m., March 21.
Suite: (4 students) Two rooms connected by a common room with a shared bathroom. Located in Founders Hall and available to all students except for those in housing tier FY2.
Connecting Room: (4 students) Two rooms connected by a bathroom. Located in Murray Hall and Ward Hall.
Standard Triple: 3 person room. Located in Murphy Hall and Ward Hall.
- Want to know more about suites, connecting and standard triple rooms?
- Suite, Connecting and Standard Triple Room Selection Instructions [pdf]
What if I want a double room as a back up to my suite, connecting or standard triple preference?
If you do not choose a suite, connecting room or standard triple, you will be reset to choose during double room selection. You will need to tell us at firstname.lastname@example.org who the roommate pairs are and who will act as the group leaders by 4:30 p.m., March 21 so we can assign you a date and time for double room selection.
Double room selection is Tuesday, March 29 & Wednesday, March 30. Double rooms are selected in order based on the group selection number for the pair of roommates. Students who choose a double room without a roommate will be ordered by their room selection number.
In Dorsey and Keough Hall, doubles will be assigned gender based on the % of applicants' genders (e.g. if 45% of eligible applicants are female, 45% of rooms will be female). Once you sign into a double room with your roommate, you may not "swap" roommates with another room after housing selection.
Number of Singles, Suites, Connecting Rooms & Standard Triples
- Dorsey: 3 singles (gender will be based on % of applicants)
- Founders: 38 singles (gender will be based on % of applicants)
- Michaelhouse: 14 male singles, 29 female singles
- Murphy: 24 singles (gender will be based on % of applicants)
Suites (Founders Hall only)
- There are 36 suites available in Founders Hall
- Founders Hall is not available to students who are in Housing Tier FY2.
- Gender of suites is based on the percentage of the applicants’ genders (e.g. if 45% of eligible applicants are male, 45% of suites will be male).
- Murray: 24 connecting rooms for women
- Ward: 22 connecting rooms (gender will be based on % of applicants)
- Murphy: 1 female standard triple
- Ward: 1 (male or female)