Housing Application Instructions
Below find instructions for the following:
- Review the Housing Contract [pdf].
- Log into ResLife Online.
- Scroll down to the Housing Application at the bottom of the page and click on it.
- Review your personal information and provide us with a phone number at which it is best to contact you.
- Choose a meal plan.
- Fill in your personal & room/roommate preferences.
- If you need a roommate, please join the ResLife Roommate Finder and make a post.
- Electronically sign the application and contract.
- Review the confirmation screen.
- Receive a confirmation email.
- Review the Housing Deposit Payment Instructions [pdf]
- Go to the Form: In ResLife Online, under your completed application, you will see different links to make more choices. Choose either the Room Type or Roommate Preference Form.
- Review the Information: On the room and roommate forms, review the instructions and information on the page to see what room types are available in different buildings and what information you will need to complete the form.
- Choose a Roommate: Click "select" next to "roommate." Boxes will then open to fill in. If you can't find the person's name that you are looking for the first time, try using just the first few letters of the first and last names to search. When your roommate(s) confirm you, it will say "confirmed" and then you will be mutually requested roommates.
- Choose a Group Leader: Discuss with your roommate(s) who will be the group leader. It should be the most responsible person in the group because they will be the person that gets all of the information about choosing your room.
- Room Type: Tell us what kind of room you are looking for. If you do not make a choice, the default is a double room.
- Preference a Building: As you rank your building choices, pay attention to what types are available in what buildings.
- Save Changes: Don't forget to press the "Save Changes" button. This is a preference form so you won't get a confirmation by email and you can keep making changes until the deadline.
Single Rooms: We will consider the information to be final at 4:30 p.m. on March 12th.
Double, Suite, Connecting, Triple & Quad Rooms: We will consider the information to be final at 4:30 p.m. on March 18th.
- Join the ResLife Roommate Finder using your student Gmail login credentials.
- Read the information posted on the Roommate Finder, and begin your search!
- When finding a roommate, you can make a post in the appropriate category, and/or browse the existing posts for a potential matches. If you make a post, check the discussion board frequently for replies (members can also opt-in for email updates).
- When replying to a post, members have to option of replying publicly, or directly to the author in a private email.
- If you and another student decide to be roommates, you both need to request each other on the Room Type and Roommate Preference Form (see topic above).