Residence Hall Dates & Breaks
Residence Halls OPEN - All Students
Sunday, January 12, 2014
Halls open at 8:00 a.m.
Residence Halls CLOSE - Spring Break
Friday, February 28, 2014 - Sunday, March 9, 2014
Halls close Friday at 6:00 p.m. and reopen Sunday at 8:00 a.m.
Residence Halls CLOSE - Semester Ends
Saturday, May 3, 2014
Halls close at 6:00 p.m. Students are expected to leave within 24 hours of their last final exam. Graduating Seniors who are approved for Senior Week may stay until 6:00 p.m., Saturday, May 10, 2014.
To stay on-campus during a College break (Thanksgiving, Easter or Spring Break), you must submit an application on ResLife Online. Applications will be reviewed by ResLife and you will be informed if you are approved or denied. You may not stay during Winter Break.
Fees & Fee Waivers
On the form, you will be asked why you are requesting to stay and, if approved, you will be charged a fee based on the length of the break. This charge helps defray the costs of having you on campus during times outside your contract.
If you are a student teacher or in-season athlete (requested to stay by your coach), you will not be charged a fee but will have to fill out a "Request for Housing During College Breaks" form.
If your home address on record is more than 225 miles from Fisher, you can request the fee be waived. Additionally, if you feel you have extenuating circumstances, you may also request the fee waived. Such requests can be made on the application.
You are responsible for understanding that:
- If currently on disciplinary probation, or if placed on probation between signing the agreement and the break, you will not be allowed to be in the residence halls during the break.
- During the break you may not have guests (anyone not approved to stay for break), regardless of if they are Fisher students.
- Food service is not provided during breaks.
- You are expected to follow all College policies and if you violate any policy, including the guest policy for breaks, the violation will be documented and you will be asked to leave campus without a refund.
- An email will be sent either confirming or denying your request to stay on-campus; it is your responsibility to check your Fisher email.
- You may be billed for the break ($20 per night).
During vacation periods, Facilities Services may find it necessary to enter rooms to make repairs.
You must move out of your residence hall no later than 24 hours after your last final exam at the end of each semester.