Orientation Information for Parents & Families
What to Expect at Orientation
Welcome! This is an exciting time for you and your student. Orientation marks the start of your student's transition to St. John Fisher College. Our orientation program is designed to help students discover what Fisher has to offer, connect with their peers, and engage in the many opportunities the College has to offer.
Resident Student Check-In & Move-In
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Check-in will begin in different parking lots on campus based on your student's residence hall assignment.
- From the parking lots, you will be directed to individual residence halls.
- Orientation Team will be there to welcome you, help you unpack your car, and move in.
- Your student will need to check in at their individual residence hall to receive their room key, mailbox key, and student ID.
- Once your student is in the room, they will connect with roommates and start their residential journey.
Commuter Student Check-In
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon
- Commuter students can check-in at the Campus Center Information Desk.
- All commuters should park in the A Lot and proceed to check-in before joining the Welcome Picnic.
- All of the orientation programs are required for our commuter students, and they will receive information on the location of their first orientation meeting when they check in.
Early Arrival Athletes
If your student is an early arrival athlete, they will report to campus as directed by their coach and live in a temporary room until closer to the start of the semester. Your student should bring what they need for their pre-season practices only, not all of their belongings. You should come to campus with your student's belongings on move-in day, August 30.
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Welcome Picnic is for all students and families. Be sure to grab your Family Info Packet and treat before you leave campus!
Please plan to say your goodbyes after the picnic as the formal orientation program begins for students only immediately following and continues for the remainder of the weekend.
Check out the full orientation schedule.
See you again for Family Weekend 2014!