Faculty Panel to Recap Election in November First Friday Lecture
On Friday, November 9, four St. John Fisher College faculty members will review and recap the 2012 presidential election, offering their insights and analysis of the campaigns, candidates, and the results.
“Election ’12 Results” panelists will include Dr. David Baronov, Professor and Chair of the Sociology Department; Dr. Frederick Dotolo, Associate Professor of History; Dr. Jennifer Rossi, Assistant Professor of American Studies; and Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Boardroom at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
Baronov’s field of research is historical sociology, with an emphasis on long-term socio-cultural trends in globalization and historical capitalism. Dotolo, an alum of the College, also spent time teaching as a civilian instructor with the United States Navy in the PACE (Program for Afloat College Education) program before becoming a full-time faculty member at Fisher in 2003. Proietti will offer a media perspective, as he is a former newspaper, radio, and television journalist. He is often called upon by local media to offer comment on a variety of issues, and the presidential campaign has been one of those issues. Rossi specializes in African American women's literature and cultural history, multi-ethnic literature and cultural history, pedagogical theory (feminist, service learning), and immigration narratives. She is also active in several area social justice organizations.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference