Faculty Panel to Recap Election in November First Friday Lecture
On Friday, November 9, four St. John Fisher College faculty members will review and recap the 2012 presidential election, offering their insights and analysis of the campaigns, candidates, and the results.
“Election ’12 Results” panelists will include Dr. David Baronov, Professor and Chair of the Sociology Department; Dr. Frederick Dotolo, Associate Professor of History; Dr. Jennifer Rossi, Assistant Professor of American Studies; and Tom Proietti, Resident Scholar in Media. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center Boardroom at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
Baronov’s field of research is historical sociology, with an emphasis on long-term socio-cultural trends in globalization and historical capitalism. Dotolo, an alum of the College, also spent time teaching as a civilian instructor with the United States Navy in the PACE (Program for Afloat College Education) program before becoming a full-time faculty member at Fisher in 2003. Proietti will offer a media perspective, as he is a former newspaper, radio, and television journalist. He is often called upon by local media to offer comment on a variety of issues, and the presidential campaign has been one of those issues. Rossi specializes in African American women's literature and cultural history, multi-ethnic literature and cultural history, pedagogical theory (feminist, service learning), and immigration narratives. She is also active in several area social justice organizations.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International