Social Justice Fair Raises Much Needed Awareness
Nearly 125 people attended Tuesday’s Social Justice and Diversity Fair, which featured the work of 65 St. John Fisher College and Wilson Early College International High School students aimed at raising awareness of social issues.
The projects represented a wide variety of topics including; technology benefits in early childhood education, long-term effects of bullying, social aspects of children with autism, and Safe Zone schools, among others. Most of the poster presentations included collaborative projects with schools and human service agencies throughout the Rochester area. The posters completed by the high school students, under the guidance of Fisher education students, focused on their “Mix It Up Day,” which took place at their school on October 18 and focused on human trafficking and Sudanese issues.
Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education faculty members Drs. Jim Wood, Michelle Erklenz-Watts, and Jeff Liles oversaw the projects and the fair. All of the work was completed in Diversity and Social Justice classes.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference