SAAC Raises Over $700 for American Cancer Society
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), in partnership with the Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative, raised $708.00 for the American Cancer Society during two athletic events at the end of October.
Student athletes sold pink ribbons at the October 20 men’s soccer game and football game – both played at home. In addition, the students organized a pie-in-the-face fundraiser for the cause. Jim Grant, head athletic trainer; Keri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach; and Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, all volunteered for the event.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative was embraced by Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Latest College News Stories
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank
- Nursing Students, Faculty Participate in Out of the Darkness Walk