SAAC Raises Over $700 for American Cancer Society
The St. John Fisher College Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), in partnership with the Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative, raised $708.00 for the American Cancer Society during two athletic events at the end of October.
Student athletes sold pink ribbons at the October 20 men’s soccer game and football game – both played at home. In addition, the students organized a pie-in-the-face fundraiser for the cause. Jim Grant, head athletic trainer; Keri Brown, assistant women’s lacrosse coach; and Sean Coffey, assistant men’s basketball coach, all volunteered for the event.
The Empire 8 Breast Cancer Awareness Initiative was embraced by Empire 8 schools throughout the month of October with a variety of events and fundraisers.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office