Students, Faculty, Staff Perform Chin Ups to Support the Troops
On Friday, November 11, the Veterans Affairs Club of St. John Fisher College challenged the campus to participate in the 2nd Annual “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops” fundraising event. Members of the campus community were invited to do as many chin-ups as they could to raise awareness of the club and veterans who are on campus, and money for the Veterans Outreach Center in Rochester.
With both the snow and the temperatures falling last Friday, the event took place inside of the Campus Center, but that didn’t stop 95 students, faculty, and staff from showing off their chin-ups for a good cause.
In the end, members of the campus community performed a collective 1,622 chin-ups, and the club was able to raise over $100 for the Veterans Outreach Center.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Nelson-Tuttle, Schultz Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference
- Kunsch Elected New MBA Program Director
- Fisher Community Makes Strides Against Breast Cancer