Students, Faculty, Staff Perform Chin Ups to Support the Troops
On Friday, November 11, the Veterans Affairs Club of St. John Fisher College challenged the campus to participate in the 2nd Annual “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops” fundraising event. Members of the campus community were invited to do as many chin-ups as they could to raise awareness of the club and veterans who are on campus, and money for the Veterans Outreach Center in Rochester.
With both the snow and the temperatures falling last Friday, the event took place inside of the Campus Center, but that didn’t stop 95 students, faculty, and staff from showing off their chin-ups for a good cause.
In the end, members of the campus community performed a collective 1,622 chin-ups, and the club was able to raise over $100 for the Veterans Outreach Center.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception