Students, Faculty, Staff Perform Chin Ups to Support the Troops
On Friday, November 11, the Veterans Affairs Club of St. John Fisher College challenged the campus to participate in the 2nd Annual “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops” fundraising event. Members of the campus community were invited to do as many chin-ups as they could to raise awareness of the club and veterans who are on campus, and money for the Veterans Outreach Center in Rochester.
With both the snow and the temperatures falling last Friday, the event took place inside of the Campus Center, but that didn’t stop 95 students, faculty, and staff from showing off their chin-ups for a good cause.
In the end, members of the campus community performed a collective 1,622 chin-ups, and the club was able to raise over $100 for the Veterans Outreach Center.
Latest College News Stories
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students