Students, Faculty, Staff Perform Chin Ups to Support the Troops
On Friday, November 11, the Veterans Affairs Club of St. John Fisher College challenged the campus to participate in the 2nd Annual “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops” fundraising event. Members of the campus community were invited to do as many chin-ups as they could to raise awareness of the club and veterans who are on campus, and money for the Veterans Outreach Center in Rochester.
With both the snow and the temperatures falling last Friday, the event took place inside of the Campus Center, but that didn’t stop 95 students, faculty, and staff from showing off their chin-ups for a good cause.
In the end, members of the campus community performed a collective 1,622 chin-ups, and the club was able to raise over $100 for the Veterans Outreach Center.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company