Students, Faculty, Staff Perform Chin Ups to Support the Troops
On Friday, November 11, the Veterans Affairs Club of St. John Fisher College challenged the campus to participate in the 2nd Annual “Keep Your Chin Up for the Troops” fundraising event. Members of the campus community were invited to do as many chin-ups as they could to raise awareness of the club and veterans who are on campus, and money for the Veterans Outreach Center in Rochester.
With both the snow and the temperatures falling last Friday, the event took place inside of the Campus Center, but that didn’t stop 95 students, faculty, and staff from showing off their chin-ups for a good cause.
In the end, members of the campus community performed a collective 1,622 chin-ups, and the club was able to raise over $100 for the Veterans Outreach Center.
Latest College News Stories
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President