Noticias del departamento de lenguas (News from the Department of Modern Languages)
Three 2013 graduates have two things in common: they all majored or minored in Modern Languages and they are all currently putting those languages to work.
Elizabeth Blowers, who was a double major in French and Education, is currently working with Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF) teaching English in at the Université de Strasbourg. She has plans to go on to graduate school in French, or to continue teaching French in the United States or with the Peace Corps. So far, she has been accepted to graduate French programs at West Virginia University and Syracuse University.
Peter Hartz graduated in December 2013 with a French major and is teaching French at Siena Catholic Academy in Rochester. He has applied to participate in the TAPIF program next year.
And Mark Prunella-Miller, who was a double major in Biology and Spanish, is teaching Biology for the Peace Corps in Mozambique, where he has expanded his language skills to include Portugese.
Blowers with two other teaching assistants in Bordeaux, France.
Latest College News Stories
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling