Noticias del departamento de lenguas (News from the Department of Modern Languages)
Three 2013 graduates have two things in common: they all majored or minored in Modern Languages and they are all currently putting those languages to work.
Elizabeth Blowers, who was a double major in French and Education, is currently working with Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF) teaching English in at the Université de Strasbourg. She has plans to go on to graduate school in French, or to continue teaching French in the United States or with the Peace Corps. So far, she has been accepted to graduate French programs at West Virginia University and Syracuse University.
Peter Hartz graduated in December 2013 with a French major and is teaching French at Siena Catholic Academy in Rochester. He has applied to participate in the TAPIF program next year.
And Mark Prunella-Miller, who was a double major in Biology and Spanish, is teaching Biology for the Peace Corps in Mozambique, where he has expanded his language skills to include Portugese.
Blowers with two other teaching assistants in Bordeaux, France.
Latest College News Stories
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing Receives Federal Grant