Go Green with Fisher
On Thursday, March 20, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee will host the 6th annual “Fisher Goes Green Day,” complete with a recycling drive and informational fair running from 12 noon until 2:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage.
The committee will be accepting items for free recycling including cell phones for soldiers, CFL bulbs, and household batteries (AAA-D that should be taped at the ends to prevent fires). Electronics will be recycled courtesy of Regional Computer Recycling and Recovery (RCR&R), and they will accept the following items: answering machines/calculators/paper shredders; CD/DVD players; chargers; circuit boards, cables, wiring; computers/laptops/monitors/computer peripherals; copiers and fax machines; digital camera and GPS units; ink jet cartridges and laser toner cartridges; network equipment/routers/terminals; radios/turntables/speakers; scanners and printers; servers/telecom equipment; televisions; universal power supplies; and video game systems. Items that will NOT be accepted include College-owned equipment, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, liquids/powders, or small appliances.
Attendees can donate reusable water bottles to the fair and adopt a new one in the process. Recyclables can be dropped off at the Campus Center during fair hours. A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute parking outside of Ward-Haffey Hall.
New this year to the fair will be a visit from the Zoomobile, sponsored by the Biology Club, with animals highlighting biodiversity and and conservation issues.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Waste Management, Genesee Land Trust, Good Food Collective, Center for Environmental Initiatives, Barnes and Noble College Bookstore, and Lackmann.
Refreshments will be provided for all attendees.
Latest College News Stories
- Martínez-Hernández, Rovira-Figueroa, and Eaton presented at STANYS Conference
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee Host Olympics for Wilson Foundation Academy
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement