Go Green with Fisher
On Thursday, March 20, the St. John Fisher College Recycling and Sustainability Committee will host the 6th annual “Fisher Goes Green Day,” complete with a recycling drive and informational fair running from 12 noon until 2:00 p.m. in the Campus Center Mainstage.
The committee will be accepting items for free recycling including cell phones for soldiers, CFL bulbs, and household batteries (AAA-D that should be taped at the ends to prevent fires). Electronics will be recycled courtesy of Regional Computer Recycling and Recovery (RCR&R), and they will accept the following items: answering machines/calculators/paper shredders; CD/DVD players; chargers; circuit boards, cables, wiring; computers/laptops/monitors/computer peripherals; copiers and fax machines; digital camera and GPS units; ink jet cartridges and laser toner cartridges; network equipment/routers/terminals; radios/turntables/speakers; scanners and printers; servers/telecom equipment; televisions; universal power supplies; and video game systems. Items that will NOT be accepted include College-owned equipment, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, liquids/powders, or small appliances.
Attendees can donate reusable water bottles to the fair and adopt a new one in the process. Recyclables can be dropped off at the Campus Center during fair hours. A drive-up location for large electronics will also be made available in the 15-minute parking outside of Ward-Haffey Hall.
New this year to the fair will be a visit from the Zoomobile, sponsored by the Biology Club, with animals highlighting biodiversity and and conservation issues.
The committee has several local partners who will be at the fair, including Waste Management, Genesee Land Trust, Good Food Collective, Center for Environmental Initiatives, Barnes and Noble College Bookstore, and Lackmann.
Refreshments will be provided for all attendees.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom