Rice Selected as Fulbright Specialist
Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of American Studies, was selected by the Council for International Exchange of Scholars to be on the roster of Fulbright Specialists.
The Fulbright Specialist Program, a short-term complement to the core Fulbright Scholar Program, promotes linkages between U.S. scholars and professionals and their counterparts at host institutions abroad. Those selected for the program receive grants to enable them to engage in short-term collaborative two- to six-week projects at eligible institutions in over 140 countries worldwide. Rice will be on the roster of specialists for five years, and his expertise ranges from colonial ethnographic photography to American Studies curriculum development.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government. It is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and those of other countries. The program provides participants—chosen for their academic merit and leadership potential—with the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research, exchange ideas, and contribute to finding solutions to shared international concerns. Grants are available for U.S. citizens to go abroad and for non-U.S. citizens with no U.S. permanent residence to come to the U.S.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students