Rap, Hip Hop, and Communications Class Gets Noticed
St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Assistant Professor Dr. Miri Pardo’s Rap, Hip Hop, and Communications class recently landed on the airwaves for a piece produced by WXXI’s “Need to Know Rochester” television show.
A camera crew and reporter attended one of Pardo’s classes in March to get footage and interviews with Pardo and students about the use of rap and hip-hop music in education. The show aired on Friday, April 13, and again on Sunday, April 15.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium