Rap, Hip Hop, and Communications Class Gets Noticed
St. John Fisher College Communication/Journalism Assistant Professor Dr. Miri Pardo’s Rap, Hip Hop, and Communications class recently landed on the airwaves for a piece produced by WXXI’s “Need to Know Rochester” television show.
A camera crew and reporter attended one of Pardo’s classes in March to get footage and interviews with Pardo and students about the use of rap and hip-hop music in education. The show aired on Friday, April 13, and again on Sunday, April 15.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Fall Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced