Madigan Edits Book with RIT Professor
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, has co-edited a book entitled "Lucretius: His Continuing Influence and Contemporary Relevance" with Dr. David B. Suits, Professor of Philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Lucretius was a Roman philosopher poet. The book features essays with his views about and critique of religion, his outlook on death, and his influences on later writers, scientists, and philosophers.
The title of the book was the name of the 2009 conference about Lucretius, which was held at St. John Fisher College. The book was published by RIT Press.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Rosenberry Leads Effort on Citizen-Centered Journalism Research Initiative
- Fisher Alumna Shares “10 Body Language Habits of Successful People”
- Lavery Library Receives Grant from Rochester Regional Library Council
- Fisher Grad Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium