Madigan Edits Book with RIT Professor
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, has co-edited a book entitled "Lucretius: His Continuing Influence and Contemporary Relevance" with Dr. David B. Suits, Professor of Philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Lucretius was a Roman philosopher poet. The book features essays with his views about and critique of religion, his outlook on death, and his influences on later writers, scientists, and philosophers.
The title of the book was the name of the 2009 conference about Lucretius, which was held at St. John Fisher College. The book was published by RIT Press.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program