Madigan Edits Book with RIT Professor
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, has co-edited a book entitled "Lucretius: His Continuing Influence and Contemporary Relevance" with Dr. David B. Suits, Professor of Philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Lucretius was a Roman philosopher poet. The book features essays with his views about and critique of religion, his outlook on death, and his influences on later writers, scientists, and philosophers.
The title of the book was the name of the 2009 conference about Lucretius, which was held at St. John Fisher College. The book was published by RIT Press.
Latest College News Stories
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
- Students Compete in Mathematical Contest
- Siler, Miller Recognized by Financial Executives International