Madigan Edits Book with RIT Professor
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, has co-edited a book entitled "Lucretius: His Continuing Influence and Contemporary Relevance" with Dr. David B. Suits, Professor of Philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Lucretius was a Roman philosopher poet. The book features essays with his views about and critique of religion, his outlook on death, and his influences on later writers, scientists, and philosophers.
The title of the book was the name of the 2009 conference about Lucretius, which was held at St. John Fisher College. The book was published by RIT Press.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems