Madigan Edits Book with RIT Professor
Dr. Tim Madigan, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, has co-edited a book entitled "Lucretius: His Continuing Influence and Contemporary Relevance" with Dr. David B. Suits, Professor of Philosophy at Rochester Institute of Technology.
Lucretius was a Roman philosopher poet. The book features essays with his views about and critique of religion, his outlook on death, and his influences on later writers, scientists, and philosophers.
The title of the book was the name of the 2009 conference about Lucretius, which was held at St. John Fisher College. The book was published by RIT Press.
Latest College News Stories
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award
- Comedy Improv Competition Raises Funds for Gilda’s Club
- Go Green during Fisher’s Recycling Drive and Sustainability Fair