Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
On Tuesday, December 10, the Irish Studies Program hosted a farewell reception for students who will be embarking on the College’s first semester abroad in Galway, Ireland, in January.
Nine students and their families attended, along with several faculty and staff from the College, including President Bain. Catherine Cunningham, Aidan Evans, Chelsea Marshall, Maggie Martin, Erin Mosher, Andre Remillard, Katlin Shippy, Brittany Sidari, and Sierra Stukey will depart on January 7.
The new program is in partnership with Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Students will live and study at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG). They are required to take two courses including Contemporary Irish Culture and Society and Director's Seminar - Irish Thought: Past and Present along with two elective courses. One of those courses will be taught by Dr. Tim Madigan, the Director of the Irish Studies Program, who will stay with the group the entire spring semester.
In addition, they will have an opportunity to participate in several excursions including visits to Northern Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Kerry, and the Aran Islands.
Sophomore Erin Mosher; her mother, Mary Mosher; and Dr. Tim Madigan at the reception.
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year