Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
On Tuesday, December 10, the Irish Studies Program hosted a farewell reception for students who will be embarking on the College’s first semester abroad in Galway, Ireland, in January.
Nine students and their families attended, along with several faculty and staff from the College, including President Bain. Catherine Cunningham, Aidan Evans, Chelsea Marshall, Maggie Martin, Erin Mosher, Andre Remillard, Katlin Shippy, Brittany Sidari, and Sierra Stukey will depart on January 7.
The new program is in partnership with Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Students will live and study at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG). They are required to take two courses including Contemporary Irish Culture and Society and Director's Seminar - Irish Thought: Past and Present along with two elective courses. One of those courses will be taught by Dr. Tim Madigan, the Director of the Irish Studies Program, who will stay with the group the entire spring semester.
In addition, they will have an opportunity to participate in several excursions including visits to Northern Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Kerry, and the Aran Islands.
Sophomore Erin Mosher; her mother, Mary Mosher; and Dr. Tim Madigan at the reception.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems