Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
On Tuesday, December 10, the Irish Studies Program hosted a farewell reception for students who will be embarking on the College’s first semester abroad in Galway, Ireland, in January.
Nine students and their families attended, along with several faculty and staff from the College, including President Bain. Catherine Cunningham, Aidan Evans, Chelsea Marshall, Maggie Martin, Erin Mosher, Andre Remillard, Katlin Shippy, Brittany Sidari, and Sierra Stukey will depart on January 7.
The new program is in partnership with Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Students will live and study at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG). They are required to take two courses including Contemporary Irish Culture and Society and Director's Seminar - Irish Thought: Past and Present along with two elective courses. One of those courses will be taught by Dr. Tim Madigan, the Director of the Irish Studies Program, who will stay with the group the entire spring semester.
In addition, they will have an opportunity to participate in several excursions including visits to Northern Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Kerry, and the Aran Islands.
Sophomore Erin Mosher; her mother, Mary Mosher; and Dr. Tim Madigan at the reception.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program