Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
On Tuesday, December 10, the Irish Studies Program hosted a farewell reception for students who will be embarking on the College’s first semester abroad in Galway, Ireland, in January.
Nine students and their families attended, along with several faculty and staff from the College, including President Bain. Catherine Cunningham, Aidan Evans, Chelsea Marshall, Maggie Martin, Erin Mosher, Andre Remillard, Katlin Shippy, Brittany Sidari, and Sierra Stukey will depart on January 7.
The new program is in partnership with Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Students will live and study at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG). They are required to take two courses including Contemporary Irish Culture and Society and Director's Seminar - Irish Thought: Past and Present along with two elective courses. One of those courses will be taught by Dr. Tim Madigan, the Director of the Irish Studies Program, who will stay with the group the entire spring semester.
In addition, they will have an opportunity to participate in several excursions including visits to Northern Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Kerry, and the Aran Islands.
Sophomore Erin Mosher; her mother, Mary Mosher; and Dr. Tim Madigan at the reception.
Latest College News Stories
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation