Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
On Tuesday, December 10, the Irish Studies Program hosted a farewell reception for students who will be embarking on the College’s first semester abroad in Galway, Ireland, in January.
Nine students and their families attended, along with several faculty and staff from the College, including President Bain. Catherine Cunningham, Aidan Evans, Chelsea Marshall, Maggie Martin, Erin Mosher, Andre Remillard, Katlin Shippy, Brittany Sidari, and Sierra Stukey will depart on January 7.
The new program is in partnership with Hobart and William Smith Colleges. Students will live and study at the National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG). They are required to take two courses including Contemporary Irish Culture and Society and Director's Seminar - Irish Thought: Past and Present along with two elective courses. One of those courses will be taught by Dr. Tim Madigan, the Director of the Irish Studies Program, who will stay with the group the entire spring semester.
In addition, they will have an opportunity to participate in several excursions including visits to Northern Ireland, Dublin, Cork, Kerry, and the Aran Islands.
Sophomore Erin Mosher; her mother, Mary Mosher; and Dr. Tim Madigan at the reception.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company