Fisher Professor Co-Organizes International Symposium in China
Dr. Munawar Karim, Professor of Physics, traveled to Nanchang, China this past summer to serve as the co-organizer of the 5th International Symposium on Experimental Gravitation.
At the symposium, Karim presented a paper entitled, “New Experiments in Gravitational Physics.” Karim has been organizing the series of symposia since the 1993 gathering in Nathiagalli, Pakistan. He also co-organized the 1999 and 2009 symposia in Uzbekistan and India. The next event is planned for late 2016 or early 2017.
The event committee consisted of renowned professors of physics, engineering, and gravitation from the United States, China, India, and Italy. This year’s conference had about 20 participants from across the globe. Papers from the conference and previous years’ symposia have been published in journals or scientific and academic websites. According to Karim, due to the informal atmosphere, small numbers, and amazing locations, the event has garnered great enthusiasm among participants, and attendees are equally excited about the next gathering.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award