Fisher Professor Co-Organizes International Symposium in China
Dr. Munawar Karim, Professor of Physics, traveled to Nanchang, China this past summer to serve as the co-organizer of the 5th International Symposium on Experimental Gravitation.
At the symposium, Karim presented a paper entitled, “New Experiments in Gravitational Physics.” Karim has been organizing the series of symposia since the 1993 gathering in Nathiagalli, Pakistan. He also co-organized the 1999 and 2009 symposia in Uzbekistan and India. The next event is planned for late 2016 or early 2017.
The event committee consisted of renowned professors of physics, engineering, and gravitation from the United States, China, India, and Italy. This year’s conference had about 20 participants from across the globe. Papers from the conference and previous years’ symposia have been published in journals or scientific and academic websites. According to Karim, due to the informal atmosphere, small numbers, and amazing locations, the event has garnered great enthusiasm among participants, and attendees are equally excited about the next gathering.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference