Fisher Professor Co-Organizes International Symposium in China
Dr. Munawar Karim, Professor of Physics, traveled to Nanchang, China this past summer to serve as the co-organizer of the 5th International Symposium on Experimental Gravitation.
At the symposium, Karim presented a paper entitled, “New Experiments in Gravitational Physics.” Karim has been organizing the series of symposia since the 1993 gathering in Nathiagalli, Pakistan. He also co-organized the 1999 and 2009 symposia in Uzbekistan and India. The next event is planned for late 2016 or early 2017.
The event committee consisted of renowned professors of physics, engineering, and gravitation from the United States, China, India, and Italy. This year’s conference had about 20 participants from across the globe. Papers from the conference and previous years’ symposia have been published in journals or scientific and academic websites. According to Karim, due to the informal atmosphere, small numbers, and amazing locations, the event has garnered great enthusiasm among participants, and attendees are equally excited about the next gathering.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam