Fisher Professor Co-Organizes International Symposium in China
Dr. Munawar Karim, Professor of Physics, traveled to Nanchang, China this past summer to serve as the co-organizer of the 5th International Symposium on Experimental Gravitation.
At the symposium, Karim presented a paper entitled, “New Experiments in Gravitational Physics.” Karim has been organizing the series of symposia since the 1993 gathering in Nathiagalli, Pakistan. He also co-organized the 1999 and 2009 symposia in Uzbekistan and India. The next event is planned for late 2016 or early 2017.
The event committee consisted of renowned professors of physics, engineering, and gravitation from the United States, China, India, and Italy. This year’s conference had about 20 participants from across the globe. Papers from the conference and previous years’ symposia have been published in journals or scientific and academic websites. According to Karim, due to the informal atmosphere, small numbers, and amazing locations, the event has garnered great enthusiasm among participants, and attendees are equally excited about the next gathering.
Check out photos from the Inauguration of Gerard Rooney on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Fisher’s Budding PR Students Learn from the Pros during National Conference
- Campus Conversations Report on State of the College
- Students Learn Dialogue Skills during Semester-long Workshop
- Business Student Hones Leadership Skills at Global Summit
- Niche.com Ranking Places Fisher among Top 30 Best Colleges in New York
- Fisher Teams Take First, Second in Regional Tax Competition
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Sacks Publishes Textbook on Financial Derivatives
- Rapp Delivers Keynote Address at Teaching and Technology Symposium
- School of Education Faculty Present at International Conference
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes