Faculty Recognized for Grants
On Friday, November 22, the College’s Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations held the inaugural Faculty Recognition Event to acknowledge faculty from across campus who have submitted grant proposals or implemented grant projects during the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The event brought together faculty from Pharmacy, Education, Chemistry, Philosophy, Nursing, Sociology, and Media and Communication, as well as staff from Lavery Library and the Academic Opportunities Programs Office.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, and Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost, made remarks during the event, noting the importance of grant funding and faculty research.
“The funding available through grants is an important resource in ensuring that our faculty are able to further their expertise and explore their passion, which in turn benefits both our students and our Institution as a whole,” said Bain. “Your hard work also raises the College profile, enhances our reputation, and is a vehicle in disseminating the important work that we are doing here.”
In addition, Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Inclusive Childhood Education, spoke about his experience securing a grant with the Bank of America, which led to “Project College Bound,” a partnership between Fisher and the Rochester Early College International High School focused on college-readiness and academic success in high school and beyond.
Faculty interested in submitting new grant proposals can contact Maya Temperley, Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, at 899-3828 or email@example.com.
Latest College News Stories
- From Fisher to the White House, Student Dines with President Obama
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Showcases Held throughout April Spotlight Student Work
- Sport Management Banquet Honors Students and Alumni
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two Students
- New Members Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Networking Event Connects Students, Tax Pros
- Six Honored during Staff Recognition Awards
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition