Faculty Recognized for Grants
On Friday, November 22, the College’s Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations held the inaugural Faculty Recognition Event to acknowledge faculty from across campus who have submitted grant proposals or implemented grant projects during the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The event brought together faculty from Pharmacy, Education, Chemistry, Philosophy, Nursing, Sociology, and Media and Communication, as well as staff from Lavery Library and the Academic Opportunities Programs Office.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, and Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost, made remarks during the event, noting the importance of grant funding and faculty research.
“The funding available through grants is an important resource in ensuring that our faculty are able to further their expertise and explore their passion, which in turn benefits both our students and our Institution as a whole,” said Bain. “Your hard work also raises the College profile, enhances our reputation, and is a vehicle in disseminating the important work that we are doing here.”
In addition, Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Inclusive Childhood Education, spoke about his experience securing a grant with the Bank of America, which led to “Project College Bound,” a partnership between Fisher and the Rochester Early College International High School focused on college-readiness and academic success in high school and beyond.
Faculty interested in submitting new grant proposals can contact Maya Temperley, Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, at 899-3828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner