Faculty Recognized for Grants
On Friday, November 22, the College’s Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations held the inaugural Faculty Recognition Event to acknowledge faculty from across campus who have submitted grant proposals or implemented grant projects during the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The event brought together faculty from Pharmacy, Education, Chemistry, Philosophy, Nursing, Sociology, and Media and Communication, as well as staff from Lavery Library and the Academic Opportunities Programs Office.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, and Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost, made remarks during the event, noting the importance of grant funding and faculty research.
“The funding available through grants is an important resource in ensuring that our faculty are able to further their expertise and explore their passion, which in turn benefits both our students and our Institution as a whole,” said Bain. “Your hard work also raises the College profile, enhances our reputation, and is a vehicle in disseminating the important work that we are doing here.”
In addition, Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Inclusive Childhood Education, spoke about his experience securing a grant with the Bank of America, which led to “Project College Bound,” a partnership between Fisher and the Rochester Early College International High School focused on college-readiness and academic success in high school and beyond.
Faculty interested in submitting new grant proposals can contact Maya Temperley, Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, at 899-3828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest College News Stories
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- President and Mrs. Bain Inducted into Camp Good Days’ Ring of Honor
- Madigan Receives Summer Fellowship in Ireland
- School of Arts and Sciences to Host Free Screening of “Shadows of the Lynching Tree”
- College to Host Storytelling Festival
- #MeetTheMedia with #FisherComm Thursday
- St. John Fisher College Top Ranked NYS Institution in 2014 CPA Exam Results
- Renfro Called Upon for Bush Family Expertise
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- Students "Tapped" to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Countdown to Commencement: Cole Lachance-Tofany
- Teddi Dance for Love Surpasses $1 Million Mark
- Miss Norma, Lackmann Honored by Parent Company