School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
In late February, Dr. David Martin, Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, dropped into several classes to surprise 39 students with an invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Brendan Kazmierski, one of the liaisons for Fisher’s BGS chapter, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of four days.
The group of eligible Fisher students consists of a mix of seven juniors, 18 seniors, and 14 MBA students. Students in the top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA are eligible for induction. Invited students included Michele Accorso, Katelyn Agan, Adalee Anderson, Susan Atvell, Jenny Beacham, Michael Bonner, Kenton Bonnett, Joseph Bowman, Sean Byrne, James Cairns, Michael Casserino, Alexander Chelebian, Jamie Eisenhauer, Emmalyn Eruysal, Daniel Gilman, Marissa Gionta, Thomas Gorsky, Michaela Guzzi, Lauren Harrison, Brendan Hughes, Alexandra Jendrick, Michelle Jennejohn, Connor Kenrick, Amber Lennington, Micquel Little, Traci Mantle, Siyi Marullo, Rachael McGinn, Stephen Merz, Zackery Miller, Patricia Palmieri-Phelan, Matthew Perrotta, Michael Pickering Geraldo Ramos, Abigail Rhone, Robert Riggio, Katelyn Saxton, Kaitlin Simonetti, and Kyle Vogel.
BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The official induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 11, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher