School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
In late February, Dr. David Martin, Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, dropped into several classes to surprise 39 students with an invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Brendan Kazmierski, one of the liaisons for Fisher’s BGS chapter, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of four days.
The group of eligible Fisher students consists of a mix of seven juniors, 18 seniors, and 14 MBA students. Students in the top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA are eligible for induction. Invited students included Michele Accorso, Katelyn Agan, Adalee Anderson, Susan Atvell, Jenny Beacham, Michael Bonner, Kenton Bonnett, Joseph Bowman, Sean Byrne, James Cairns, Michael Casserino, Alexander Chelebian, Jamie Eisenhauer, Emmalyn Eruysal, Daniel Gilman, Marissa Gionta, Thomas Gorsky, Michaela Guzzi, Lauren Harrison, Brendan Hughes, Alexandra Jendrick, Michelle Jennejohn, Connor Kenrick, Amber Lennington, Micquel Little, Traci Mantle, Siyi Marullo, Rachael McGinn, Stephen Merz, Zackery Miller, Patricia Palmieri-Phelan, Matthew Perrotta, Michael Pickering Geraldo Ramos, Abigail Rhone, Robert Riggio, Katelyn Saxton, Kaitlin Simonetti, and Kyle Vogel.
BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The official induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 11, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- College Presents Accounting Alumni Society Lifetime Achievement Award
- Lordy, Lordy, Looks Who’s 40!
- Student Athlete Mentors Spread Awareness of Sexual Assault Prevention
- Loss Lecture Series Scheduled for October 15
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- The Éire on the Erie Conference Scheduled for October 17
- Music to Fisher’s Ears: Meet the SJFC Pep Band
- Follow @FisherParking for Updates on Campus Parking Availability
- Mental Health Counseling Program Recognizes First Group of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors
- Gantner Organizing Workshop for Mathematical Association of America Fall Meeting
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans