School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
In late February, Dr. David Martin, Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, dropped into several classes to surprise 39 students with an invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Brendan Kazmierski, one of the liaisons for Fisher’s BGS chapter, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of four days.
The group of eligible Fisher students consists of a mix of seven juniors, 18 seniors, and 14 MBA students. Students in the top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA are eligible for induction. Invited students included Michele Accorso, Katelyn Agan, Adalee Anderson, Susan Atvell, Jenny Beacham, Michael Bonner, Kenton Bonnett, Joseph Bowman, Sean Byrne, James Cairns, Michael Casserino, Alexander Chelebian, Jamie Eisenhauer, Emmalyn Eruysal, Daniel Gilman, Marissa Gionta, Thomas Gorsky, Michaela Guzzi, Lauren Harrison, Brendan Hughes, Alexandra Jendrick, Michelle Jennejohn, Connor Kenrick, Amber Lennington, Micquel Little, Traci Mantle, Siyi Marullo, Rachael McGinn, Stephen Merz, Zackery Miller, Patricia Palmieri-Phelan, Matthew Perrotta, Michael Pickering Geraldo Ramos, Abigail Rhone, Robert Riggio, Katelyn Saxton, Kaitlin Simonetti, and Kyle Vogel.
BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The official induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 11, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- Buffalo Bills Release 2015 Training Camp Schedule
- Community Service Efforts Land Fisher on President’s Honor Roll
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology