School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
In late February, Dr. David Martin, Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, dropped into several classes to surprise 39 students with an invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Brendan Kazmierski, one of the liaisons for Fisher’s BGS chapter, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of four days.
The group of eligible Fisher students consists of a mix of seven juniors, 18 seniors, and 14 MBA students. Students in the top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA are eligible for induction. Invited students included Michele Accorso, Katelyn Agan, Adalee Anderson, Susan Atvell, Jenny Beacham, Michael Bonner, Kenton Bonnett, Joseph Bowman, Sean Byrne, James Cairns, Michael Casserino, Alexander Chelebian, Jamie Eisenhauer, Emmalyn Eruysal, Daniel Gilman, Marissa Gionta, Thomas Gorsky, Michaela Guzzi, Lauren Harrison, Brendan Hughes, Alexandra Jendrick, Michelle Jennejohn, Connor Kenrick, Amber Lennington, Micquel Little, Traci Mantle, Siyi Marullo, Rachael McGinn, Stephen Merz, Zackery Miller, Patricia Palmieri-Phelan, Matthew Perrotta, Michael Pickering Geraldo Ramos, Abigail Rhone, Robert Riggio, Katelyn Saxton, Kaitlin Simonetti, and Kyle Vogel.
BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The official induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 11, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Latest College News Stories
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer
- Legal Studies Program Honors Dr. Bain
- Student Entrepreneurs Present Ideas at Business Plan Competition
- Student Work Featured on Local Radio Station
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- PCC Volunteer Program Celebrates 10 Years
- Investment Club Earns First Place Finish in Adirondack Cup Challenge
- SGA Honors Students, Faculty, Staff during Awards Ceremony
- Boev’s Research on Nurse-Physician Collaboration Featured in Publications
- Education Alum Named to Editorial Board of Lower Hudson Newspaper
- Nursing Student Attends Health Policy Conference
- Education Alumna Honored by National Organization
- Undergrads Present at Literature and Composition Conference
- Adjunct Faculty Recognized during Reception