School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
In late February, Dr. David Martin, Dean of the St. John Fisher College School of Business, dropped into several classes to surprise 39 students with an invitation to join Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the distinguished International Honor Society for business excellence.
Martin, along with Dr. Jason Berman, Professor of Management/Marketing, and Brendan Kazmierski, one of the liaisons for Fisher’s BGS chapter, conducted the official “tapping” ceremony over the course of four days.
The group of eligible Fisher students consists of a mix of seven juniors, 18 seniors, and 14 MBA students. Students in the top 10% of junior and senior classes and top 20% of graduating MBA are eligible for induction. Invited students included Michele Accorso, Katelyn Agan, Adalee Anderson, Susan Atvell, Jenny Beacham, Michael Bonner, Kenton Bonnett, Joseph Bowman, Sean Byrne, James Cairns, Michael Casserino, Alexander Chelebian, Jamie Eisenhauer, Emmalyn Eruysal, Daniel Gilman, Marissa Gionta, Thomas Gorsky, Michaela Guzzi, Lauren Harrison, Brendan Hughes, Alexandra Jendrick, Michelle Jennejohn, Connor Kenrick, Amber Lennington, Micquel Little, Traci Mantle, Siyi Marullo, Rachael McGinn, Stephen Merz, Zackery Miller, Patricia Palmieri-Phelan, Matthew Perrotta, Michael Pickering Geraldo Ramos, Abigail Rhone, Robert Riggio, Katelyn Saxton, Kaitlin Simonetti, and Kyle Vogel.
BGS is exclusive only to those institutions accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
The official induction ceremony will take place on Friday, April 11, at 5:00 p.m. in the Wilson Formal Lounge.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems