Countdown to Commencement: Erin Haffey
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Erin Haffey, a Business Management major. She was nominated by Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor, Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; and Amanda Nasso, MUDMI Residence Hall Director.
Haffey has made the most of her experience at Fisher. She is a resident assistant, a service scholar, a Student Ambassador, and a member of PRIMA, PRSSA, Colleges Against Cancer. Through all of these involvement opportunities, she has continuously given back to the Fisher community.
In the Student Ambassador program, Haffey has risen through the admissions ranks and is now one of the co-directors for recruitment events. In this position, she works with another student to organize open houses and several other events to recruit and welcome students to campus. A large part of this position is managing over 60 ambassadors.
“Erin is an extremely kind, compassionate and articulate young woman. She is highly driven by a commitment to service,” said Nasso. “In my time knowing Erin, she has interned for both the Make a Wish Foundation and the American Cancer Society. Erin is a young woman who is truly committed to giving back to her community.”
There were many adjectives used to describe Haffey, but the most frequently used were: graceful, friendly, open-minded, positive, and eloquent. Haffey’s positive demeanor and unspoken leadership guide her work ethic and service work. There is no doubt that Haffey will be incredibly successful no matter the path she chooses.
Meet this week’s senior, Erin Haffey! Best of luck to you!
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video