Countdown to Commencement: Erin Haffey
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Erin Haffey, a Business Management major. She was nominated by Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor, Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; and Amanda Nasso, MUDMI Residence Hall Director.
Haffey has made the most of her experience at Fisher. She is a resident assistant, a service scholar, a Student Ambassador, and a member of PRIMA, PRSSA, Colleges Against Cancer. Through all of these involvement opportunities, she has continuously given back to the Fisher community.
In the Student Ambassador program, Haffey has risen through the admissions ranks and is now one of the co-directors for recruitment events. In this position, she works with another student to organize open houses and several other events to recruit and welcome students to campus. A large part of this position is managing over 60 ambassadors.
“Erin is an extremely kind, compassionate and articulate young woman. She is highly driven by a commitment to service,” said Nasso. “In my time knowing Erin, she has interned for both the Make a Wish Foundation and the American Cancer Society. Erin is a young woman who is truly committed to giving back to her community.”
There were many adjectives used to describe Haffey, but the most frequently used were: graceful, friendly, open-minded, positive, and eloquent. Haffey’s positive demeanor and unspoken leadership guide her work ethic and service work. There is no doubt that Haffey will be incredibly successful no matter the path she chooses.
Meet this week’s senior, Erin Haffey! Best of luck to you!
Latest College News Stories
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture
- Countdown to Commencement: Trisha Sanfilippo
- “Autumn Leaves” Exhibit Now on Display in Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration Week Taking Place January 19-24
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Five School of Education Faculty Present in D.C.
- College Receives Prestigious Carnegie Community Engagement Classification
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance