Countdown to Commencement: Erin Haffey
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Erin Haffey, a Business Management major. She was nominated by Tom Racculia, Admissions Counselor, Libby Pinti, Assistant Director of Admissions and Events; and Amanda Nasso, MUDMI Residence Hall Director.
Haffey has made the most of her experience at Fisher. She is a resident assistant, a service scholar, a Student Ambassador, and a member of PRIMA, PRSSA, Colleges Against Cancer. Through all of these involvement opportunities, she has continuously given back to the Fisher community.
In the Student Ambassador program, Haffey has risen through the admissions ranks and is now one of the co-directors for recruitment events. In this position, she works with another student to organize open houses and several other events to recruit and welcome students to campus. A large part of this position is managing over 60 ambassadors.
“Erin is an extremely kind, compassionate and articulate young woman. She is highly driven by a commitment to service,” said Nasso. “In my time knowing Erin, she has interned for both the Make a Wish Foundation and the American Cancer Society. Erin is a young woman who is truly committed to giving back to her community.”
There were many adjectives used to describe Haffey, but the most frequently used were: graceful, friendly, open-minded, positive, and eloquent. Haffey’s positive demeanor and unspoken leadership guide her work ethic and service work. There is no doubt that Haffey will be incredibly successful no matter the path she chooses.
Meet this week’s senior, Erin Haffey! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference