Senior Wins Poetry Competition
Senior English major Tony Gill tied for first place in his category at the Nazareth College 6th annual Poetry Competition, Writing for Peace and Justice: “The Quest for Freedom.”
The contest took place on March 27 and featured 100 students from local high schools and colleges in Rochester. Students had to perform original poetry or read poems on the topic of peace and liberty in front of a panel of 24 judges and a planning committee of 13 Nazareth College students.
Gill interpreted a song and accompanied himself on the guitar by Georges Brassens entitled “Le Frossoyer” (“The Gravedigger”).
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides