MacCammon to Moderate International Arts and Humanities Conference in Hawaii
Dr. Linda MacCammon, Director of the Ethics Minor Program and Associate Professor of Religious Studies, will be moderating a workshop at the 12th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities in January.
MacCammon’s workshop is entitled “Using a Common Reading Experience to Teach Reading, Writing, and Ethical Reasoning Skills Across the Curriculum.” In the workshop, she presents a new approach to a common reading experience. Rather than having every freshman read the same book, the “Fisher Reads” program offers five models for a common reading experience that teaches reading, writing, and ethical reasoning skills for all levels of undergraduate education. The workshop will show how similar programs can be developed at other colleges and universities.
The conference is designed to provide an opportunity for academics and professionals from a variety of arts and humanities-related fields from all over the world to come together and learn from one another. An additional goal of the conference is to provide a place for academics and professionals with cross-disciplinary interests related to arts and humanities to meet and interact with members inside and outside their own particular disciplines. In the past, the conference has been attended by more than 500 participants representing more than 30 countries.
The workshop materials were developed in a summer Learning Circle that included MacCammon, Dr. Tim Madigan (Philosophy), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Cara Welch (Modern Languages and Cultures).
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference