MacCammon to Moderate International Arts and Humanities Conference in Hawaii
Dr. Linda MacCammon, Director of the Ethics Minor Program and Associate Professor of Religious Studies, will be moderating a workshop at the 12th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities in January.
MacCammon’s workshop is entitled “Using a Common Reading Experience to Teach Reading, Writing, and Ethical Reasoning Skills Across the Curriculum.” In the workshop, she presents a new approach to a common reading experience. Rather than having every freshman read the same book, the “Fisher Reads” program offers five models for a common reading experience that teaches reading, writing, and ethical reasoning skills for all levels of undergraduate education. The workshop will show how similar programs can be developed at other colleges and universities.
The conference is designed to provide an opportunity for academics and professionals from a variety of arts and humanities-related fields from all over the world to come together and learn from one another. An additional goal of the conference is to provide a place for academics and professionals with cross-disciplinary interests related to arts and humanities to meet and interact with members inside and outside their own particular disciplines. In the past, the conference has been attended by more than 500 participants representing more than 30 countries.
The workshop materials were developed in a summer Learning Circle that included MacCammon, Dr. Tim Madigan (Philosophy), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Cara Welch (Modern Languages and Cultures).
Latest College News Stories
- St. John Fisher College Named a 2015 Best Value College by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- Fisher Announces 2+2 Partnership Agreement with Hudson Valley Community College
- Teddi Committee Announces Teddi 33 Schedule
- 2014 Day of Celebration Honors Haitian Culture
- Cunningham Studying King Penguins in Sub-antarctic through February
- CNR Ed.D. Extension Site Holds Reunion Event
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Fisher Honored for Community Service
- Wegmans School of Nursing Represented at Simulation User Network Conference
- Fisher Team Wins 2014 NYU Diamond Dollar Baseball Analytic Case Competition
- Freligh Wins Poetry Award
- Students, Faculty Receive Mini Grants and Civic Engagement Grants for Community Engagement Work
- Fisher Selected as a Top School in Military Advanced Education’s 2015 Guide to Colleges & Universities
- School of Education Hosts Pal-Mac Students on Campus
- Fenti Repeats as Empire 8 Offensive Player of the Year