MacCammon to Moderate International Arts and Humanities Conference in Hawaii
Dr. Linda MacCammon, Director of the Ethics Minor Program and Associate Professor of Religious Studies, will be moderating a workshop at the 12th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities in January.
MacCammon’s workshop is entitled “Using a Common Reading Experience to Teach Reading, Writing, and Ethical Reasoning Skills Across the Curriculum.” In the workshop, she presents a new approach to a common reading experience. Rather than having every freshman read the same book, the “Fisher Reads” program offers five models for a common reading experience that teaches reading, writing, and ethical reasoning skills for all levels of undergraduate education. The workshop will show how similar programs can be developed at other colleges and universities.
The conference is designed to provide an opportunity for academics and professionals from a variety of arts and humanities-related fields from all over the world to come together and learn from one another. An additional goal of the conference is to provide a place for academics and professionals with cross-disciplinary interests related to arts and humanities to meet and interact with members inside and outside their own particular disciplines. In the past, the conference has been attended by more than 500 participants representing more than 30 countries.
The workshop materials were developed in a summer Learning Circle that included MacCammon, Dr. Tim Madigan (Philosophy), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Cara Welch (Modern Languages and Cultures).
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign