MacCammon to Moderate International Arts and Humanities Conference in Hawaii
Dr. Linda MacCammon, Director of the Ethics Minor Program and Associate Professor of Religious Studies, will be moderating a workshop at the 12th Annual Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities in January.
MacCammon’s workshop is entitled “Using a Common Reading Experience to Teach Reading, Writing, and Ethical Reasoning Skills Across the Curriculum.” In the workshop, she presents a new approach to a common reading experience. Rather than having every freshman read the same book, the “Fisher Reads” program offers five models for a common reading experience that teaches reading, writing, and ethical reasoning skills for all levels of undergraduate education. The workshop will show how similar programs can be developed at other colleges and universities.
The conference is designed to provide an opportunity for academics and professionals from a variety of arts and humanities-related fields from all over the world to come together and learn from one another. An additional goal of the conference is to provide a place for academics and professionals with cross-disciplinary interests related to arts and humanities to meet and interact with members inside and outside their own particular disciplines. In the past, the conference has been attended by more than 500 participants representing more than 30 countries.
The workshop materials were developed in a summer Learning Circle that included MacCammon, Dr. Tim Madigan (Philosophy), Dr. Clair Smith (Economics), and Dr. Cara Welch (Modern Languages and Cultures).
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference
- Fellowship Sends Journalism Instructor Back to the Newsroom