Countdown to Commencement-John Eaves
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features John Eaves, a Political Science and Corporate Finance double major. He was nominated by Patricia Wollan, Assistant Professor of Finance and Accounting.
From day one, Eaves has immersed himself in all aspects of Fisher. He started off his time here as the freshman and sophomore class treasurer. Through this role, he was able to serve on the Student Government Association (SGA) Finance Committee. He continued his work on the Finance Committee during his junior year, and now serves as the Vice President of Financial Affairs for SGA and Co-Chair of the Finance Committee. As Vice President of Financial Affairs, Eaves plans and facilitates the allocation of the student activities fees to over 70 clubs and organizations. Aside from his experience with SGA, he has also served as a finance tutor in his junior and senior year.
“I will remember John’s poise, his ready smile and his curious nature,” said Wollan. “John has reinforced my belief that it is always worth trying new techniques. When he gave a presentation in one of my classes, he asked if he could use a new web-based presentation tool rather than PowerPoint. He inspired me to look into alternative approaches for delivering material.”
Meet this week’s featured senior, John Eaves!
Latest College News Stories
- Irish Studies Program Hosts Galway Reception
- 2013 Day of Celebration Honors Egyptian Culture
- Breakfast at Fisher with Santa
- College Debuts New TV Commercials
- Rice Elected to American Studies Association Committee
- Faculty Recognized for Grants
- 2013 Day of Celebration Set for Saturday, December 7
- Job Named Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year
- Student Entrepreneurs Mean Business
- Service-Learning and Science Collide in East Rochester Schools
- Fisher Alumni, Adjunct Recognized in Forty Under 40
- Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
- Box Town Raises Awareness Amidst Cold Temperatures
- Vatican Insider Gary Krupp to present at St. John Fisher College on December 6
- Gantner Holds Workshops in Mexico