Countdown to Commencement: Ashleigh Picarro
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Ashleigh Picarro, a Communication/ Journalism major with a minor in Sociology. She was nominated by Professor Kyle Reinson from the Communication/Journalism Department.
Picarro transferred to Fisher in the fall of 2011 and is a great example of a hard-working, driven student. Last semester, she was an intern at the Pluta Cancer Center in the Development and Marketing Department. An exceptional student, Picarro made the Dean’s List during her last semester while juggling two jobs to support her education. She also graduated in December, but will walk across the stage with her class this May.
Reinson recognizes the different paths and opportunities that students at Fisher take advantage of, and was impressed by Picarro’s commitment to making the most out of her education.
“When I see students committed to their own future, it reinforces why I decided to teach at Fisher. I wanted to do good work for good people. The good people at Fisher, like Ashleigh, are what make it worth coming to work,” he said.
According to Reinson, Piccaro always brought her best to each class, which earned the respect of her peers.
“A professor alone cannot make a class engaging and create challenging learning environments. Ashleigh is the type of engaged and connected student who keeps in constant contact between class sessions,” said Reinson.
Meet this week’s senior, Ashleigh Picarro! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website