Countdown to Commencement: Ashleigh Picarro
This week’s “Countdown to Commencement” video features Ashleigh Picarro, a Communication/ Journalism major with a minor in Sociology. She was nominated by Professor Kyle Reinson from the Communication/Journalism Department.
Picarro transferred to Fisher in the fall of 2011 and is a great example of a hard-working, driven student. Last semester, she was an intern at the Pluta Cancer Center in the Development and Marketing Department. An exceptional student, Picarro made the Dean’s List during her last semester while juggling two jobs to support her education. She also graduated in December, but will walk across the stage with her class this May.
Reinson recognizes the different paths and opportunities that students at Fisher take advantage of, and was impressed by Picarro’s commitment to making the most out of her education.
“When I see students committed to their own future, it reinforces why I decided to teach at Fisher. I wanted to do good work for good people. The good people at Fisher, like Ashleigh, are what make it worth coming to work,” he said.
According to Reinson, Piccaro always brought her best to each class, which earned the respect of her peers.
“A professor alone cannot make a class engaging and create challenging learning environments. Ashleigh is the type of engaged and connected student who keeps in constant contact between class sessions,” said Reinson.
Meet this week’s senior, Ashleigh Picarro! Best of luck to you!
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- President Rooney Given Top Award by Local Public Relations Association
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Rev. Patrick O’Conner Braden, C.S.B., Third President of the College
- Parades, Festivals Mark Fun for Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- For Volunteers, JASY Camp an Unforgettable Experience
- Summer Construction Projects Mean Campus Enhancements, Upgrades