Faculty and Staff Making Headlines in November
During the month of November, several faculty and staff members were busy making headlines:
-Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, published an article in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators.
-Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was a guest on the Canadian television show, “The Agenda with Steve Paiken,” which airs on TVO in Ontario, Canada.
-Christina D’Agostino was named the 2012 Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year by the Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA) of New York.
-Dr. Jill Lavigne and Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professors from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, published a book about suicide prevention, “Frontiers in Suicide Risk: Research, Treatment and Prevention,” and co-wrote it with over 40 scientists and clinicians from around the world.
-Nancy Greco, Instruction and Archives Librarian at Lavery Library, secured a $1,500 project grant from the Academic and Special Libraries Section of the New York Library Association and the New York 3Rs Council.
-Dr. Kermin Martínez-Hernandéz, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, presented at the University of Puerto Rico in Arecibo.
-Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
-Teah Terrance, Assistant Director of Campus Life, received the Professional Service Award from the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) at the association’s regional conference.
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Parallel Universe and Figurations” Exhibit May 20
- Wegmans School of Nursing Acknowledges Nine with Graduate Awards
- MBA Graduates Recognized
- Inaugural Joining Forces Conference Attracts 170 Health Care Professionals, Veterans to Campus
- Executive Leadership Program Honors Students
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Honors Students During Hooding Ceremony
- Bain Awards President’s Medals at 59th Commencement
- President’s Awards Ceremony Recognizes 47 Graduating Seniors
- Madigan, Plata, and McGregor Honored During Commencement Weekend
- Class of 2013 Presents Class Gift
- Goonan ’75 Receives Honorary Degree
- McCullough Urges Graduates to ‘Keep Learning, Cultivate Curiosity’
- Sodano Receives Father Dorsey Award
- School of Pharmacy Holds 2013 Student Awards
- “Undergraduate Review” Now Available Online