Faculty and Staff Making Headlines in November
During the month of November, several faculty and staff members were busy making headlines:
-Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, published an article in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators.
-Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was a guest on the Canadian television show, “The Agenda with Steve Paiken,” which airs on TVO in Ontario, Canada.
-Christina D’Agostino was named the 2012 Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year by the Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA) of New York.
-Dr. Jill Lavigne and Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professors from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, published a book about suicide prevention, “Frontiers in Suicide Risk: Research, Treatment and Prevention,” and co-wrote it with over 40 scientists and clinicians from around the world.
-Nancy Greco, Instruction and Archives Librarian at Lavery Library, secured a $1,500 project grant from the Academic and Special Libraries Section of the New York Library Association and the New York 3Rs Council.
-Dr. Kermin Martínez-Hernandéz, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, presented at the University of Puerto Rico in Arecibo.
-Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
-Teah Terrance, Assistant Director of Campus Life, received the Professional Service Award from the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) at the association’s regional conference.
Latest College News Stories
- Faculty Appear at Fringe Festival
- College Purchases Park and Ride Lot from New York State
- Fisher Wins 10th Straight Courage Bowl
- Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
- 2014 Beta Gamma Sigma Liaison Tackles New Role with Big Plans
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- Wegmans School of Nursing Awards First Advanced Certificate in Mental Health Counseling
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015