Faculty and Staff Making Headlines in November
During the month of November, several faculty and staff members were busy making headlines:
-Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, published an article in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators.
-Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was a guest on the Canadian television show, “The Agenda with Steve Paiken,” which airs on TVO in Ontario, Canada.
-Christina D’Agostino was named the 2012 Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year by the Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA) of New York.
-Dr. Jill Lavigne and Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professors from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, published a book about suicide prevention, “Frontiers in Suicide Risk: Research, Treatment and Prevention,” and co-wrote it with over 40 scientists and clinicians from around the world.
-Nancy Greco, Instruction and Archives Librarian at Lavery Library, secured a $1,500 project grant from the Academic and Special Libraries Section of the New York Library Association and the New York 3Rs Council.
-Dr. Kermin Martínez-Hernandéz, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, presented at the University of Puerto Rico in Arecibo.
-Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
-Teah Terrance, Assistant Director of Campus Life, received the Professional Service Award from the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) at the association’s regional conference.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher