Faculty and Staff Making Headlines in November
During the month of November, several faculty and staff members were busy making headlines:
-Drs. Michael Wischnowski, Interim Dean of the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education, and Marie Cianca, Assistant Professor in the Ed.D. program, published an article in the October/November 2012 issue of Educational Horizons, a publication of Pi Lamda Theta, one of the three main education honor societies and professional associations for educators.
-Dr. Mark Rice, Professor and Chair of the American Studies Department, was a guest on the Canadian television show, “The Agenda with Steve Paiken,” which airs on TVO in Ontario, Canada.
-Christina D’Agostino was named the 2012 Nurse Practitioner Student of the Year by the Nurse Practitioner Association (NPA) of New York.
-Dr. Jill Lavigne and Dr. Fang Zhao, Associate Professors from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, published a book about suicide prevention, “Frontiers in Suicide Risk: Research, Treatment and Prevention,” and co-wrote it with over 40 scientists and clinicians from around the world.
-Nancy Greco, Instruction and Archives Librarian at Lavery Library, secured a $1,500 project grant from the Academic and Special Libraries Section of the New York Library Association and the New York 3Rs Council.
-Dr. Kermin Martínez-Hernandéz, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, presented at the University of Puerto Rico in Arecibo.
-Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor of Communication/Journalism, was one of 20 faculty fellows chosen from colleges and universities across the country for the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Faculty Seminar.
-Teah Terrance, Assistant Director of Campus Life, received the Professional Service Award from the Association of College Unions International (ACUI) at the association’s regional conference.
Latest College News Stories
- “The Whole Patient” Panel Coming February 9
- Salerno Visits Graduate Class
- O'Connor Ermi Surpasses 100 Career Wins
- Education Students Benefit from Partnership with Greece School District
- Fisher Ranks 6th for Best College Campus in New York State
- Recent Biology Graduates to Publish Work
- Green Speaks at Joint Mathematics Meetings
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Bowman Publishes “Narratives of Cyprus”
- Countdown to Commencement: Brendan Hughes
- Race, Equity, and Justice Programs Planned for Spring
- Coexistence Dinner Encourages Dialogue, Spirituality
- Cameron and Michaud Named 2014-2015 Recipients of Excellus Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship
- Lazardeux Co-Authors Article, Publishes Book
- Proietti ’67 to Serve as Guest Lecturer for February First Friday Lecture