Class of 2014 Presents Class Gift, Student Leader Awards
On Thursday, May 8, members of the Class of 2014 attended the Senior Convocation, where they presented the College with their class gift and recognized peers for leadership on campus.
Dr. Jim Bowman was selected by the class to be the faculty representative at this year’s convocation, offering remarks and advice for life after Fisher. Immediately following his remarks, the officers surprised him with the Father Dorsey Award. The award is given annually to a teaching member of the College who is dedicated to the student life experience both in and out of the classroom.
Class President Cody Miller presents Dr. Bowman with the Father Dorsey Award.
Class officers also presented President Bain with a class gift of $2,365, which will be put towards the College’s scholarship funds.
The Student Life Leader Awards are given to five graduating seniors who have demonstrated their strong commitment to the student life experience through a progression of involvement and leadership on campus over the past four years. The winners will have also left their mark at Fisher by helping to improve the student life experience through their efforts in a club or organization, athletic teams, and community service.
The 2014 Student Life Leader Award recipients were Dusty Baker, Emily Back, TJ Nervina, Megan Ryan, and Richard Suarez.
Cody Miller presents President Bain with the class gift.
The 2014 Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Student Life Leader Award recipients TJ Nervina, Megan Ryan, Dusty Baker, and Emily Back.
Richard Suarez accepting his Student Life Leader Award.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Lavery Librarians Win Audience Award at Fast Pitch Competition
- Share Your Family Recipes with the Fisher Cookbook
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fall Athletes Achieve Historic Seasons for Fisher
- Stress Free Week Activities Help Ease Finals Frenzy
- Grant Gives Media Arts Lab an Interactive Makeover
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors