Class of 2014 Presents Class Gift, Student Leader Awards
On Thursday, May 8, members of the Class of 2014 attended the Senior Convocation, where they presented the College with their class gift and recognized peers for leadership on campus.
Dr. Jim Bowman was selected by the class to be the faculty representative at this year’s convocation, offering remarks and advice for life after Fisher. Immediately following his remarks, the officers surprised him with the Father Dorsey Award. The award is given annually to a teaching member of the College who is dedicated to the student life experience both in and out of the classroom.
Class President Cody Miller presents Dr. Bowman with the Father Dorsey Award.
Class officers also presented President Bain with a class gift of $2,365, which will be put towards the College’s scholarship funds.
The Student Life Leader Awards are given to five graduating seniors who have demonstrated their strong commitment to the student life experience through a progression of involvement and leadership on campus over the past four years. The winners will have also left their mark at Fisher by helping to improve the student life experience through their efforts in a club or organization, athletic teams, and community service.
The 2014 Student Life Leader Award recipients were Dusty Baker, Emily Back, TJ Nervina, Megan Ryan, and Richard Suarez.
Cody Miller presents President Bain with the class gift.
The 2014 Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
Student Life Leader Award recipients TJ Nervina, Megan Ryan, Dusty Baker, and Emily Back.
Richard Suarez accepting his Student Life Leader Award.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students