Sport Management Students Front and Center at PGA
Golf is in the air in Rochester, thanks to the PGA Tournament. And a total of 26 Sport Management students are getting a front-row seat and behind-the-scenes look at the tournament and the pros.
Seven students are on the payroll serving as PGA interns. Cory Law and Chris Roeder are working in Merchandise Operations. Laura Fein, Aaron Kneeland, and Zach Frost are Corporate Hospitality Interns. Kathy Damato is working in the Consumer Marketing Department. And Danae Donatello is working at the PGA headquarters as an Administrative Assistant.
“This experience is one I will remember for the rest of my life,” said Donatello. “Watching the ‘PGA City’ being built at Oak Hill Country Club has been incredible. When I started, Oak Hill was just another beautiful golf course. Over the course of one month, the construction of the mini-city began. I still cannot believe I am part of such a large organization.”
She even got close to Tiger Woods one day after he played the 18th hole.
Another 19 students are volunteering for the Consumer Marketing Department at the “PGA Play, Scan, Win” program, which spectators see right inside the main entrance.
Volunteers include Matthew Butler, Joshua Caccamise, Matt Cahill, Joseph Catalfano, Shelby Christensen, Mike Donofrio, Justice Hoyt, Brandon Jason, Erich Kaempffee, Connor King, Matt Lander, Nathaniel Ligon, Connor Morris, Kayci Nucci, DJ Sanzotta, Jack Smith, Clayton Stanley, Carly Szydlowki, and Emily Young.
The PGA is taking place in Rochester August 5-11.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- Service Trips Defining Experience for Pharmacy Students
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- Center for Youth Honors Fisher’s Rick DeJesús-Rueff