Sport Management Students Front and Center at PGA
Golf is in the air in Rochester, thanks to the PGA Tournament. And a total of 26 Sport Management students are getting a front-row seat and behind-the-scenes look at the tournament and the pros.
Seven students are on the payroll serving as PGA interns. Cory Law and Chris Roeder are working in Merchandise Operations. Laura Fein, Aaron Kneeland, and Zach Frost are Corporate Hospitality Interns. Kathy Damato is working in the Consumer Marketing Department. And Danae Donatello is working at the PGA headquarters as an Administrative Assistant.
“This experience is one I will remember for the rest of my life,” said Donatello. “Watching the ‘PGA City’ being built at Oak Hill Country Club has been incredible. When I started, Oak Hill was just another beautiful golf course. Over the course of one month, the construction of the mini-city began. I still cannot believe I am part of such a large organization.”
She even got close to Tiger Woods one day after he played the 18th hole.
Another 19 students are volunteering for the Consumer Marketing Department at the “PGA Play, Scan, Win” program, which spectators see right inside the main entrance.
Volunteers include Matthew Butler, Joshua Caccamise, Matt Cahill, Joseph Catalfano, Shelby Christensen, Mike Donofrio, Justice Hoyt, Brandon Jason, Erich Kaempffee, Connor King, Matt Lander, Nathaniel Ligon, Connor Morris, Kayci Nucci, DJ Sanzotta, Jack Smith, Clayton Stanley, Carly Szydlowki, and Emily Young.
The PGA is taking place in Rochester August 5-11.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation