Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Check out photos from Relay for Life 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2016 to Graduate from St. John Fisher College Saturday
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Fisher Students Contribute to Freshman Survival Guide
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Chemistry Students Present Research at Regional Symposium
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Ceremony Honors Service-Learning Efforts at Fisher