Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- Fisher’s Youth Year Fellows on a Mission to Promote Literacy
- Fisher Junior Nets 1,000 Points in Basketball Career
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- Karim Publishes Paper in International Physics Journal
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship