Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner