Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Sport Management Program Receives National Accreditation
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Markwick Named New York State Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- Healthy Living Sustainability Fair Set for Oct. 6
- It’s Never Too Early for a Fisher Education
- Best Bets for Alumni Weekend 2016
- Accounting Club Hosts 35th Annual Golf Tournament
- Fisher Storms Back to Win Courage Bowl XII