Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Athletes Make History
- Buffalo Bills Release 2016 Training Camp Schedule
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- Fisher Hosts High-rise Drill for Local Fire Departments Sunday
- Inaugural Ed.D. Cohort Graduates from Syracuse Extension Site; Rochester Graduates Honored at Local Hooding
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Arts and Sciences Celebrates Seniors