Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Latest College News Stories
- Charles McVay Inducted into National Math Honor Society
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Recognition Ceremony Celebrates School of Nursing Grads
- Dr. Katrina Arndt Receives Trustees’ Distinguished Scholar Award
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Celebrates Ed.D. Candidates
- Bain Presents Two with President’s Medals
- Seniors Honored for Academic Achievement, Campus Leadership at President’s Awards Ceremony
- Banquet Honors Senior Student-Athletes
- Nearly 1,200 Graduate during Fisher’s 61st Commencement
- National Biology Honor Society Inducts 29
- Entrepreneurship in the Classroom Focus of Education Conference
- Fisher Researcher Awarded Patent for New Technology
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Education Celebration Honors Students, Alumni, Community Partners
- Three at Fisher Named Outstanding Adult Students