Fisher Students Sweep Friendly Home Residents off Their Feet
Students from St. John Fisher College’s Students With A Vision (SWAV) spent Valentine’s Day with residents of The Friendly Home for the annual Sweetheart Ball.
A dedicated group of 13 students organized the event, even sending formal invitations to each resident and working with The Friendly Home staff to get the auditorium decorated with Valentine flair.
Professional ballroom dancers helped the students learn dances that the residents would know, including the fox trot and waltz.
“While the Sweetheart Ball starts with music and dance, the best part is having young and old truly have fun together. Our Auditorium was filled to capacity and the students reached out to everyone, talking, laughing and of course, taking those willing and able out for a spin on the dance floor. You only had to see all of the smiles and that extra sparkle in the eyes of our Members to know what a special event it was,” said Janet Tiefel, Director of Recreation at The Friendly Home.
Latest College News Stories
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher
- St. John Fisher College Hosts Annual College Bound Program