Fisher Included in “Most Over-Performing College” List by U.S. News
St. John Fisher College has been included in the “Most Over-Performing Colleges” list by U.S. News & World Report. Only schools that were numerically ranked National Universities in the Best Colleges 2013 rankings were included in this analysis.
U.S. News compared academic peer assessment scores to key academic indicators when compiling the list. Fisher’s strong academic indicators—admissions selectivity, financial and faculty resources, alumni giving, and graduation and retention rates—outpaced our academic peer assessment. The academic peer assessment is a national survey that is subjective in nature.
Like Fisher, many of the over-performers on this new list are relatively small doctoral universities that have a regional presence and reputation.
Other schools on the list included: Adelphi University; Ashland University; University of St. Thomas; Stevens Institute of Technology; St. Mary’s University of Minnesota; Azusa Pacific University; Edgewood College; University of Tulsa; Yeshiva University; Biola University; Andrews University; South Carolina State University; University of La Verne; and Maryville University of St. Louis.
Latest College News Stories
- On “The Verge” – Students Concept Binge-Watching TV Experience, Premiere May 1
- Lynd-Balta Named Assistant Provost
- Math Students Inducted into Pi Mu Epsilon New York Chapter
- Adjunct Faculty Honored
- Foreign Language Honor Society Holds 43rd Induction Ceremony
- PRIMA’s Inaugural “Gilda’s Cup” Raises $3,500 for Gilda’s Club of Rochester
- Marketing Club Takes on New Orleans, Wins Awards at International Conference
- Student Employees of the Year Recognized
- Countdown to Commencement – Nicholas Francisco
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards