Fisher Included in “Most Over-Performing College” List by U.S. News
St. John Fisher College has been included in the “Most Over-Performing Colleges” list by U.S. News & World Report. Only schools that were numerically ranked National Universities in the Best Colleges 2013 rankings were included in this analysis.
U.S. News compared academic peer assessment scores to key academic indicators when compiling the list. Fisher’s strong academic indicators—admissions selectivity, financial and faculty resources, alumni giving, and graduation and retention rates—outpaced our academic peer assessment. The academic peer assessment is a national survey that is subjective in nature.
Like Fisher, many of the over-performers on this new list are relatively small doctoral universities that have a regional presence and reputation.
Other schools on the list included: Adelphi University; Ashland University; University of St. Thomas; Stevens Institute of Technology; St. Mary’s University of Minnesota; Azusa Pacific University; Edgewood College; University of Tulsa; Yeshiva University; Biola University; Andrews University; South Carolina State University; University of La Verne; and Maryville University of St. Louis.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program