Fisher Included in “Most Over-Performing College” List by U.S. News
St. John Fisher College has been included in the “Most Over-Performing Colleges” list by U.S. News & World Report. Only schools that were numerically ranked National Universities in the Best Colleges 2013 rankings were included in this analysis.
U.S. News compared academic peer assessment scores to key academic indicators when compiling the list. Fisher’s strong academic indicators—admissions selectivity, financial and faculty resources, alumni giving, and graduation and retention rates—outpaced our academic peer assessment. The academic peer assessment is a national survey that is subjective in nature.
Like Fisher, many of the over-performers on this new list are relatively small doctoral universities that have a regional presence and reputation.
Other schools on the list included: Adelphi University; Ashland University; University of St. Thomas; Stevens Institute of Technology; St. Mary’s University of Minnesota; Azusa Pacific University; Edgewood College; University of Tulsa; Yeshiva University; Biola University; Andrews University; South Carolina State University; University of La Verne; and Maryville University of St. Louis.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Employees Recognized for Milestone Service Years
- Women’s Basketball Team Hosts Toy Drive during Crosstown Basketball Tournament
- College to Host 17th Annual Day of Celebration
- National Conference Offers Fisher Students Chance to Network with PR Pros
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition