Fisher Included in “Most Over-Performing College” List by U.S. News
St. John Fisher College has been included in the “Most Over-Performing Colleges” list by U.S. News & World Report. Only schools that were numerically ranked National Universities in the Best Colleges 2013 rankings were included in this analysis.
U.S. News compared academic peer assessment scores to key academic indicators when compiling the list. Fisher’s strong academic indicators—admissions selectivity, financial and faculty resources, alumni giving, and graduation and retention rates—outpaced our academic peer assessment. The academic peer assessment is a national survey that is subjective in nature.
Like Fisher, many of the over-performers on this new list are relatively small doctoral universities that have a regional presence and reputation.
Other schools on the list included: Adelphi University; Ashland University; University of St. Thomas; Stevens Institute of Technology; St. Mary’s University of Minnesota; Azusa Pacific University; Edgewood College; University of Tulsa; Yeshiva University; Biola University; Andrews University; South Carolina State University; University of La Verne; and Maryville University of St. Louis.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History