Fisher Included in “Most Over-Performing College” List by U.S. News
St. John Fisher College has been included in the “Most Over-Performing Colleges” list by U.S. News & World Report. Only schools that were numerically ranked National Universities in the Best Colleges 2013 rankings were included in this analysis.
U.S. News compared academic peer assessment scores to key academic indicators when compiling the list. Fisher’s strong academic indicators—admissions selectivity, financial and faculty resources, alumni giving, and graduation and retention rates—outpaced our academic peer assessment. The academic peer assessment is a national survey that is subjective in nature.
Like Fisher, many of the over-performers on this new list are relatively small doctoral universities that have a regional presence and reputation.
Other schools on the list included: Adelphi University; Ashland University; University of St. Thomas; Stevens Institute of Technology; St. Mary’s University of Minnesota; Azusa Pacific University; Edgewood College; University of Tulsa; Yeshiva University; Biola University; Andrews University; South Carolina State University; University of La Verne; and Maryville University of St. Louis.
Latest College News Stories
- Schlosser Publishes Article
- Maggs Presents at International Atlantic Economic Conference
- Buffalo/Niagara Alumni Chapter Presents Annual Awards
- Price Places 2nd in “Secrets to Successful Rollouts Revealed!” Video Contest
- Vega Receives Award from Ibero-American Action League
- College to Celebrate “Four Freedoms Week”
- Men’s Soccer Team Hosts Special Game for Special Olympics
- Schultz, Nelson-Tuttle Present Research at Narcolepsy Network’s Annual Conference
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis
- 2014 Graduates Continue Service Through Rochester Youth Year Fellowship Program
- Schools of Business and Education Partner to Deliver BGS Annual Day of Service
- Faculty, Students Participate in Seneca Falls Dialogues
- MacDonald Wins Top Student Award
- Copeland Publishes and Presents at National Conference
- Donahue Presents at Eastern Region Campus Compact Conference