Lavigne Serves on Review Panel for National Initiative
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, served on a technical review panel for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation’s (CMMI) Bundled Payments Initiative at CMMI in Baltimore, Maryland on September 27 and 28.
Currently, Medicare makes separate payments to providers for the services they provide to patients, which leads to fragmented care with very little coordination across providers and health care settings. Research shows that bundled payments can align incentives for providers to work more closely across all specialties and settings that a patient may encounter. Additionally, the research shows that if providers collaborated more, the patient’s experience would improve during a hospital stay in an acute care hospital, and during post-discharge recovery. The CMMI’s Bundled Payment Initiative is working toward that solution.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program