Lavigne Serves on Review Panel for National Initiative
Dr. Jill Lavigne, Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice and Administration in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, served on a technical review panel for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation’s (CMMI) Bundled Payments Initiative at CMMI in Baltimore, Maryland on September 27 and 28.
Currently, Medicare makes separate payments to providers for the services they provide to patients, which leads to fragmented care with very little coordination across providers and health care settings. Research shows that bundled payments can align incentives for providers to work more closely across all specialties and settings that a patient may encounter. Additionally, the research shows that if providers collaborated more, the patient’s experience would improve during a hospital stay in an acute care hospital, and during post-discharge recovery. The CMMI’s Bundled Payment Initiative is working toward that solution.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- See You at Family Weekend
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- Father Cavanaugh Reading Series to Feature Fiction Writer
- Fun Run, 5K Helps to Kick Off Teddi 35
- Environmental Project Brings Classroom Lesson to Life
- Fisher Students aBANdon the Ban on Banned Books
- September a Busy Month for Diversity Office
- Fisher Students Make Strides