Maggs Publishes Paper in “Journal of Economics and Finance Education”
Dr. Gary Maggs, Professor and Chair of the Department of Economics, recently co-wrote and published a paper in the Journal of Economics and Finance Education.
He and co-author, Dr. Ben L. Kyer of Francis Marion University, wrote, “The Influence of Aggregate Demand Elasticity on the Federal Budget Deficit.” The paper examines the implications of aggregate demand elasticity for the federal budget deficit when macroeconomic shocks occur. The authors explain how both aggregate supply and demand shocks are considered within the sphere of exogenous events that induce secondary changes in the cyclical component of the budget deficit.
The Journal of Economics and Finance Education is a general interest publication, which targets articles in the area of economic and finance education. The publication invites economic and finance contributions in three main areas: research, instruction, and content.
Latest College News Stories
- Alumna Shares Journey with Cushing’s Disease with Nursing Students
- Rhone Attends BGS Student Leadership Fall Forum
- Staff Recognition Program Seeking Nominations
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Students Receive Dante Scholarship from Italian Women’s Civic Club
- Madigan to Serve as Guest Lecturer for December First Friday Lecture
- Investment Club Travels to New York City
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Veterans Affairs Club, President Bain Host Veterans Day Celebration
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 12th Annual Philosophy Day
- St. John Fisher College and Herkimer College Announce 2+2 Partnership Agreement
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Martínez-Hernández to be part of NIH National Research Mentoring Network Grant
- Read Elected VP of State Association
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video