Business Faculty Members’ Research Noted in Harvard Business Review Blog
A paper written by Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, was mentioned in the Harvard Business Review Morning Advantage Blog.
Sashittal and Hodis co-wrote a paper with Dr. Rajendren Sriramachandramurthy, Assistant Professor in the E. Philip Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology, for Business Horizons entitled, “Targeting College Students on Facebook? How to Stop Wasting Your Money.” The paper references a study done by the trio about Facebook advertising and its effectiveness on college students. They surveyed 18- to 25-year-old students in two stages, and found that students were “uninterested in Facebook ads and disengaged from marketers’ attempts to build brands.” Additionally, they discuss challenges and opportunities for marketers who use the social media site for brand awareness and sales.
The paper caught the eye of Andrew O’Connell, associate editor at the Harvard Business Review.
Latest College News Stories
- Hetzler Honored Through Film, Exhibit
- Women’s Soccer Team Raises $1,500 for Pancreatic Cancer Research
- MacGregor Presents at Statewide Conference
- Maples Appointed to National Award Committee
- Fisher Hosts 4A’s Agency Conference
- Culinary Creations for a Cause
- Students "Smash the Scale" On National Love Your Body Day
- Calling All Gamers (For a Good Cause)
- Students Represent Fisher at TutorCon ’14
- “Sustaining a College” is November 7 First Friday Lecture Topic
- "Smash the Scale" on National Love Your Body Day
- From Dancing Shoes to Running Shoes: Teddi Trot Coming October 25
- “Lisa Kindel, You Are An Ironman!”
- Fisher Named to 2015 Military Friendly Schools List
- College Receives “Mentoring Matters” Grant from First Niagara Bank