Business Faculty Members’ Research Noted in Harvard Business Review Blog
A paper written by Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, was mentioned in the Harvard Business Review Morning Advantage Blog.
Sashittal and Hodis co-wrote a paper with Dr. Rajendren Sriramachandramurthy, Assistant Professor in the E. Philip Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology, for Business Horizons entitled, “Targeting College Students on Facebook? How to Stop Wasting Your Money.” The paper references a study done by the trio about Facebook advertising and its effectiveness on college students. They surveyed 18- to 25-year-old students in two stages, and found that students were “uninterested in Facebook ads and disengaged from marketers’ attempts to build brands.” Additionally, they discuss challenges and opportunities for marketers who use the social media site for brand awareness and sales.
The paper caught the eye of Andrew O’Connell, associate editor at the Harvard Business Review.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher