Business Faculty Members’ Research Noted in Harvard Business Review Blog
A paper written by Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, was mentioned in the Harvard Business Review Morning Advantage Blog.
Sashittal and Hodis co-wrote a paper with Dr. Rajendren Sriramachandramurthy, Assistant Professor in the E. Philip Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology, for Business Horizons entitled, “Targeting College Students on Facebook? How to Stop Wasting Your Money.” The paper references a study done by the trio about Facebook advertising and its effectiveness on college students. They surveyed 18- to 25-year-old students in two stages, and found that students were “uninterested in Facebook ads and disengaged from marketers’ attempts to build brands.” Additionally, they discuss challenges and opportunities for marketers who use the social media site for brand awareness and sales.
The paper caught the eye of Andrew O’Connell, associate editor at the Harvard Business Review.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- What to Expect at Orientation 2016
- Advice Straight from the Orientation Team
- New Greater Amsterdam School District Superintendent an Ed.D. Grad
- Bills Selected to Attend Workshop on Medicinal Chemistry
- Fisher Launches New TV Campaign
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Full Accreditation
- Comedian, Former Presidential Speech Writer Headline Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam