Business Faculty Members’ Research Noted in Harvard Business Review Blog
A paper written by Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, was mentioned in the Harvard Business Review Morning Advantage Blog.
Sashittal and Hodis co-wrote a paper with Dr. Rajendren Sriramachandramurthy, Assistant Professor in the E. Philip Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology, for Business Horizons entitled, “Targeting College Students on Facebook? How to Stop Wasting Your Money.” The paper references a study done by the trio about Facebook advertising and its effectiveness on college students. They surveyed 18- to 25-year-old students in two stages, and found that students were “uninterested in Facebook ads and disengaged from marketers’ attempts to build brands.” Additionally, they discuss challenges and opportunities for marketers who use the social media site for brand awareness and sales.
The paper caught the eye of Andrew O’Connell, associate editor at the Harvard Business Review.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative
- Humanistic Treatment in Mandated Counseling Focus of Faculty’s Research Article
- Education Alumnus to Lead Rochester’s Anti-Poverty Initiative
- Rice Contributes Two Chapters to Counseling and Psychopathology Encyclopedia
- Students, Faculty Attend Microbiology Conference