Business Faculty Members’ Research Noted in Harvard Business Review Blog
A paper written by Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, was mentioned in the Harvard Business Review Morning Advantage Blog.
Sashittal and Hodis co-wrote a paper with Dr. Rajendren Sriramachandramurthy, Assistant Professor in the E. Philip Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology, for Business Horizons entitled, “Targeting College Students on Facebook? How to Stop Wasting Your Money.” The paper references a study done by the trio about Facebook advertising and its effectiveness on college students. They surveyed 18- to 25-year-old students in two stages, and found that students were “uninterested in Facebook ads and disengaged from marketers’ attempts to build brands.” Additionally, they discuss challenges and opportunities for marketers who use the social media site for brand awareness and sales.
The paper caught the eye of Andrew O’Connell, associate editor at the Harvard Business Review.
Latest College News Stories
- Nursing Students, Faculty Present at Local Conference
- Brandon ’89 Has Cameo in New Movie, “Draft Day”
- Service-Learning Students, Faculty, Partners Honored
- 39 Students Officially Inducted into College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter
- Career Center Staff, Biology Faculty Co-Write Career Exploration Article
- SGA Holds Annual Awards
- Fisher Scholarship Celebration Showcases Works by Students, Faculty, and Staff
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- Senior Wins Poetry Competition
- Student Athletes Participate in Giant Read
- Countdown to Commencement - Sara Perrone
- Lazzara and Mullen Win Jack Palvino Excellence in Communications Scholarship
- Fisher Entrepreneurship Team Wins in State Semifinal Competition
- St. John Fisher College to Celebrate 60th Commencement
- Investment Club Hosts Annual Shareholders’ Report Dinner