Business Faculty Members’ Research Noted in Harvard Business Review Blog
A paper written by Dr. Hemant Sashittal, Professor and Chair of the Department of Management/Marketing, and Dr. Monica Hodis, Assistant Professor of Management/Marketing, was mentioned in the Harvard Business Review Morning Advantage Blog.
Sashittal and Hodis co-wrote a paper with Dr. Rajendren Sriramachandramurthy, Assistant Professor in the E. Philip Saunders College of Business at the Rochester Institute of Technology, for Business Horizons entitled, “Targeting College Students on Facebook? How to Stop Wasting Your Money.” The paper references a study done by the trio about Facebook advertising and its effectiveness on college students. They surveyed 18- to 25-year-old students in two stages, and found that students were “uninterested in Facebook ads and disengaged from marketers’ attempts to build brands.” Additionally, they discuss challenges and opportunities for marketers who use the social media site for brand awareness and sales.
The paper caught the eye of Andrew O’Connell, associate editor at the Harvard Business Review.
Latest College News Stories
- Class of 2015 Graduates Named to ‘Who’s Who’
- Tim Madigan’s Article on Marshall McLuhan Included in New Book
- From Fisher to the White House, Student Dines with President Obama
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Showcases Held throughout April Spotlight Student Work
- Sport Management Banquet Honors Students and Alumni
- Jack Palvino Award Honors Two Students
- New Members Inducted into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Networking Event Connects Students, Tax Pros
- Six Honored during Staff Recognition Awards
- Women’s Leadership Committee Kicks-Off First Event
- Bio Students Present Research
- Ceremony Showcases Service-Learning at Fisher
- Education Professor Elected to Board of American Council for Rural Special Education
- Relay Unites Campus in Fight Against Cancer