Pharmacy Students Host Health Fair
St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Pharmacy P3 students recently put their counseling skills to the test in real-life settings. The students hosted two informational health fairs on November 7 and 14 at the Sisters of St. Joseph’s Motherhouse in Pittsford and the Perinton Recreational Center in Perinton.
The students were part of Professor Lillian Kang and Anthony Corigliano’s Concepts in Pharmacy Practice class. They prepared informational displays and posters, and handed out brochures to fair attendees. Students answered specific health questions on a variety of topics including diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, pain management, bed sores, arthritis, nutrition, smoking cessation, dental hygiene, allergies, immunization, vitamins, and other issues.
“Both of the sites were happy to welcome our students, and we hope to expand the health fairs next year to reach more of the populations they serve,” said Corigliano.
Latest College News Stories
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- Service-Learning Project Exposes PR Students to City Life
- Countdown to Commencement: Adrienne Aldridge-Kiner
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Kocher Wins Community Service Award