Pharmacy Students Host Health Fair
St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Pharmacy P3 students recently put their counseling skills to the test in real-life settings. The students hosted two informational health fairs on November 7 and 14 at the Sisters of St. Joseph’s Motherhouse in Pittsford and the Perinton Recreational Center in Perinton.
The students were part of Professor Lillian Kang and Anthony Corigliano’s Concepts in Pharmacy Practice class. They prepared informational displays and posters, and handed out brochures to fair attendees. Students answered specific health questions on a variety of topics including diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, pain management, bed sores, arthritis, nutrition, smoking cessation, dental hygiene, allergies, immunization, vitamins, and other issues.
“Both of the sites were happy to welcome our students, and we hope to expand the health fairs next year to reach more of the populations they serve,” said Corigliano.
Check out photos from Commencement 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- A Voice for the Community: Pharmacy Professor Serves on Advisory Board for Global HIV Vaccine Study
- Crews Install Cross on Kearney Hall Spire
- Buffalo Bills Announce Ticket Distribution Information for 2016 Training Camp
- Bob Ward to be Inducted into Red Wings Walk of Fame
- St. John Fisher College a “Great College to Work For”
- Fisher Breaks Ground on New Chapel
- Lavery Library Photos on Display at Museum of African American History
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Recognition from Trade Website