Pharmacy Students Host Health Fair
St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Pharmacy P3 students recently put their counseling skills to the test in real-life settings. The students hosted two informational health fairs on November 7 and 14 at the Sisters of St. Joseph’s Motherhouse in Pittsford and the Perinton Recreational Center in Perinton.
The students were part of Professor Lillian Kang and Anthony Corigliano’s Concepts in Pharmacy Practice class. They prepared informational displays and posters, and handed out brochures to fair attendees. Students answered specific health questions on a variety of topics including diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, pain management, bed sores, arthritis, nutrition, smoking cessation, dental hygiene, allergies, immunization, vitamins, and other issues.
“Both of the sites were happy to welcome our students, and we hope to expand the health fairs next year to reach more of the populations they serve,” said Corigliano.
Check out photos from Move In Day 2016 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Case Competition Brings Sports, Statistics Together
- Campus to Hold “Four Freedoms Week”
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Social Media Conference Features Fisher Professor
- St. John Fisher College Announces New Men’s Volleyball Program
- See You at Family Weekend