Pharmacy Students Host Health Fair
St. John Fisher College’s Wegmans School of Pharmacy P3 students recently put their counseling skills to the test in real-life settings. The students hosted two informational health fairs on November 7 and 14 at the Sisters of St. Joseph’s Motherhouse in Pittsford and the Perinton Recreational Center in Perinton.
The students were part of Professor Lillian Kang and Anthony Corigliano’s Concepts in Pharmacy Practice class. They prepared informational displays and posters, and handed out brochures to fair attendees. Students answered specific health questions on a variety of topics including diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol, pain management, bed sores, arthritis, nutrition, smoking cessation, dental hygiene, allergies, immunization, vitamins, and other issues.
“Both of the sites were happy to welcome our students, and we hope to expand the health fairs next year to reach more of the populations they serve,” said Corigliano.
Latest College News Stories
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Nicolay Publishes Monograph
- Cleaner and Greener – College Introduces New Trash and Recycling Centers Campuswide
- Trustee Ronald Hermance, Jr. ’69 Passes Away
- College Welcomes New Faculty for 2014-15 Academic Year
- Get Involved at Involvement Fest Next Tuesday
- Exchanging Courses and Lives
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- Wegmans School of Nursing Introduces Dedicated Education Unit Clinical Site to Students
- Courage Bowl X Slated for September 20, Fisher to Face Brockport
- Pittsford High School AP Chemistry Students work with Fisher Faculty on Project, Presentation
- Chemistry Faculty Members Present at Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
- Sashittal Publishes Book, Article
- Welcome Class of 2018!
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation