Honorary Courage Bowl Coaches, Cheerleaders Announced
Three Honorary Coaches and three Honorary Cheerleaders—who also happen to be campers at Camp Good Days and Special Times—were introduced during the annual pre-game Courage Bowl luncheon, held on the St. John Fisher College campus on November 13.
The luncheon was attended by players and coaches from the Fisher Cardinals and the Alfred University Saxons football teams, elected officials, and Camp Good Days and Special Times staff and supporters. This Saturday, November 16, the Cardinals and Saxons will go head-to-head at 1:00 p.m. at Growney Stadium. This will be the first Courage Bowl for Alfred University, and the Cardinals have won every Courage Bowl game since it began.
The honorary coaches for the Cardinals are: Anders Swanson, Ben Hammond, and Joseph Mayer. On Saturday, the coaches will be in the locker room with the team, lead them on to the field, be at mid-field for the coin toss, and coach from the sidelines during the game. Fisher’s honorary cheerleaders are: Lauren Miller, Kayla Tiedeman, and Sydney Kreschenko. They will meet their squad at Growney Stadium Saturday morning to prepare and cheer from the sidelines during the game. All six have been battling cancer.
In addition, Mayor Tom Richards, Monroe County Executive Maggie Brooks, and Pittsford Town Supervisor Sandra Zutes proclaimed this week “Courage Bowl Week” in the City of Rochester, Monroe County, and the Town of Pittsford.
Courage Bowl general admission student tickets are available for a donation of $5.00 each, and general admission adult tickets are $7.00 each. Tickets are available through the St. John Fisher College Athletics Department by calling (585) 385-8309. Proceeds from the annual event will benefit the children and families at Camp Good Days.
Athletics Director Bob Ward makes remarks.
Players meet one of their honorary coaches, Anders Swanson.
Coaches and players with their honorary coaches and cheerleaders.
Latest College News Stories
- First-Year Pharmacy Students Include Service in Orientation
- Markwick Chosen for AANP Future Leaders Program
- Wischnowski Appointed to Diocesan School Board
- School of Education Hosts Collaborative Statewide School Symposium
- Lavigne Presents at International Social Pharmacy Workshop
- Students, Faculty Complete Summer Research at University of Rochester
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students, Faculty Travel to Montana for Service
- Fisher to Introduce Sustainability Minor this Fall
- Fisher Ranks on Forbes' 2014 "America's Best Colleges" List
- Wegmans School of Nursing Partners with Rochester General Hospital for “Resident Boot Camp”
- St. John Fisher College Wegmans School of Nursing to Offer Free Concussion Education Day to Community
- College Dedicates Cunningham Classroom in Salerno Center
- Basilian Fathers Hold Chapter Meetings, Events at Fisher
- Donegan Attends National Training Course
- Local High School Students Enjoy a Week of Discovery at Fisher