Computer Science Students Compete in Programming Contest at CCSCNE
Three computer science students recently competed in a programming contest at the Consortium for Computing Sciences in College – Northeast Region conference at Siena College on April 12 and 13.
Kyle Brennan, Robert Jones, and Aaron Resch worked closely with Dr. Scott Harrison, Associate Professor of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, over the last year in preparation for the contest.
Teams have three hours to solve as many programming problems as they can, and they are not allowed to communicate with their coaches during the contest. The Fisher team competed alongside more than 20 teams from schools around the region.
CCSCNE is the northeastern region of the national Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC). Started in 1996, CCSCNE is one of the largest regions of CCSC. CCSCNE brings together faculty, staff, and students from academic institutions throughout the Northeast for exchange of ideas and information concerning undergraduate computing curricula.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Joins on to Sponsor Race for the Space Entrepreneurship Competition
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Ed.D. Candidate Presents at D.C. Educator Conference
- iHeartMedia Names Fisher Alum L.A. Market President
- Two Fisher Students Participate in LeaderShape Institute
- President Rooney Shares the Vision of Fisher’s Founders with Rochester Rotary
- O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery to Open “Rodzina” Exhibit
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Welcomes the Cleveland Browns to Campus for Practice with the Buffalo Bills
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- Madigan Delivers Paper at International Conference on MacIntyrean Enquiry
- Business Horizons, Harvard Business Review Pick Up Business Professor's Papers
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program