Computer Science Students Compete in Programming Contest at CCSCNE
Three computer science students recently competed in a programming contest at the Consortium for Computing Sciences in College – Northeast Region conference at Siena College on April 12 and 13.
Kyle Brennan, Robert Jones, and Aaron Resch worked closely with Dr. Scott Harrison, Associate Professor of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, over the last year in preparation for the contest.
Teams have three hours to solve as many programming problems as they can, and they are not allowed to communicate with their coaches during the contest. The Fisher team competed alongside more than 20 teams from schools around the region.
CCSCNE is the northeastern region of the national Consortium for Computing Sciences in Colleges (CCSC). Started in 1996, CCSCNE is one of the largest regions of CCSC. CCSCNE brings together faculty, staff, and students from academic institutions throughout the Northeast for exchange of ideas and information concerning undergraduate computing curricula.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland
- Nursing Graduate Earns Research Merit Award at National Conference
- Thomas Selected to Participate in Paul Ambrose Scholarship Program
- Fisher Students Blogging—and Bragging—About Campus Life
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download