School of Business Holds Davenport-Hatch Dean’s Suite Dedication
On Tuesday, October 15, the Dean’s Suite in the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise was dedicated in memory of longtime College supporter Austin “Ozzie” Hildebrandt. The brief ceremony was attended by College officials and members of the Davenport-Hatch Foundation.
Hildebrandt chaired the Davenport-Hatch Foundation and had been a significant supporter of the arts and culture in the region for more than 50 years before his passing in 2010. The Foundation was founded in 1952 by Hildebrandt’s father-in-law, Augustus Hatch, and it offers aid and support to charitable, religious, educational, and scientific organizations and health services in the Rochester area. The College received its first gift from the Foundation in 1989 with a contribution to the capital campaign celebrating the College’s 40th anniversary. Over the past ten years, the Foundation has generously supported the construction of the Campus Center, the Welcome Center, and now, the Salerno Center. In 2005, Hildebrandt received an honorary doctorate from the College.
During the ceremony, Tom Hildebrandt, son of Ozzie and President of Hillside Children’s Foundation, cut the ribbon to officially dedicate the Dean’s Suite alongside his son, Tom; Mary Hildebrandt, daughter of Ozzie; Dr. Donald Bain, President; Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost; Dr. David Martin, Dean, School of Business; Dr. Gerry Rooney, Executive Vice President for Enrollment, Advancement, and Planning; and Father Joe Lanzalaco, Director of Campus Ministry. Father Lanzalaco also blessed the new suite.
“It is so fitting that this Dean’s Suite bears the name of Ozzie Hildebrandt. During his lifetime, Ozzie was dedicated to making sure that young people and students had a chance in life. His lifelong generosity meant the difference between success and failure for many young people,” said Bain.
From L to R: Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost; President Bain; Mary Hildebrandt; Tom Hildebrandt, Jr.; Tom Hildebrandt, Sr.; Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business.
Members of the Davenport-Hatch Foundation Board of Directors.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Move In Day on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Pie in the Face, Wear Pink Wednesday, Think Pink Bingo Planned for Cancer Awareness Week
- Martino ’71 to be Honored During Palvino Excellence in Communication Award Luncheon
- Checking the Box to Make a Difference
- Golf Tournament a Chance to Network for Accounting Club Members
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- Melissa Bissonette Honored by Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Meet the Man behind the Basketball Brackets
- Chemistry Alum Wins Prestigious Gilliam Fellowship from Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Community Conversation: “It’s All About the Kids”
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Communication Professors Earn Awards at National Conference
- Swiencicki Published in Women’s Studies in Communication Journal
- Fisher Communications/Journalism Alum Given Courage in Journalism Award
- Seven Presidents, 60 Years. Dr. Don Muench Reflects on Fisher’s Fearless Leaders
- Journalism Students Work with Local News Station to Cover Rochester’s Hidden Gems