School of Business Holds Davenport-Hatch Dean’s Suite Dedication
On Tuesday, October 15, the Dean’s Suite in the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise was dedicated in memory of longtime College supporter Austin “Ozzie” Hildebrandt. The brief ceremony was attended by College officials and members of the Davenport-Hatch Foundation.
Hildebrandt chaired the Davenport-Hatch Foundation and had been a significant supporter of the arts and culture in the region for more than 50 years before his passing in 2010. The Foundation was founded in 1952 by Hildebrandt’s father-in-law, Augustus Hatch, and it offers aid and support to charitable, religious, educational, and scientific organizations and health services in the Rochester area. The College received its first gift from the Foundation in 1989 with a contribution to the capital campaign celebrating the College’s 40th anniversary. Over the past ten years, the Foundation has generously supported the construction of the Campus Center, the Welcome Center, and now, the Salerno Center. In 2005, Hildebrandt received an honorary doctorate from the College.
During the ceremony, Tom Hildebrandt, son of Ozzie and President of Hillside Children’s Foundation, cut the ribbon to officially dedicate the Dean’s Suite alongside his son, Tom; Mary Hildebrandt, daughter of Ozzie; Dr. Donald Bain, President; Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost; Dr. David Martin, Dean, School of Business; Dr. Gerry Rooney, Executive Vice President for Enrollment, Advancement, and Planning; and Father Joe Lanzalaco, Director of Campus Ministry. Father Lanzalaco also blessed the new suite.
“It is so fitting that this Dean’s Suite bears the name of Ozzie Hildebrandt. During his lifetime, Ozzie was dedicated to making sure that young people and students had a chance in life. His lifelong generosity meant the difference between success and failure for many young people,” said Bain.
From L to R: Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost; President Bain; Mary Hildebrandt; Tom Hildebrandt, Jr.; Tom Hildebrandt, Sr.; Dr. David Martin, Dean of the School of Business.
Members of the Davenport-Hatch Foundation Board of Directors.
Latest College News Stories
- Clark Honored with Teddi Award
- Countdown to Commencement - Kelsey Regetz
- ’75 Alumna is Keynote Speaker at 2014 Science Scholars Symposium
- High School Students “Spend-a-Day” with the Department of Media and Communication
- Maggs to be Published in “American Economist”
- Kozan Publishes Two Articles
- Cunningham to be Visiting Faculty in Yucatan in Fall 2014
- Pharmacy Faculty, Students Complete Pune Medical Mission
- March First Friday to Focus on Evolution of Criminology
- School of Business Dean Surprises Students with Invites to Join Beta Gamma Sigma
- Accounting Roundtable Energizes Students
- AMA Rochester Collegiate Conference Attracts Area Students, National Professionals to Fisher
- Countdown to Commencement: Adaobi Ikpeze
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum